https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland    Contact            Users: 200 Active, 4 Logged in - Time: 07:17

Ideas

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Poker Blogs
 1 
  2 
  3 
  4 
  > 
  Last 
  All 
RiKD    United States. Jan 09 2020 23:56. Posts 5852
Poisoning all expensive filet mignon and red wine was just an idea. A provocative idea. Not a particularly practical idea.

Kalle Lasn of Adbusters advocates for a "True Cost." The "True Cost" of a fossil fuel burning car is not $35,000 but should be the total cost to ecology. I have no idea how this would actually get put into effect and the economists will never go for it but it is an idea.

I've had violent fantasies in my past but where I am today is somewhere between "resist not evil" meaning I don't even resort to violence in self-defense and resorting to violence in self-defense is ok. Then it goes on to the idea of is revolution self-defense against the tyrannical masters or is it something else?

I am in a better place though. "AdBusters" and "Manufacturing Consent" as well as "Meditations" are on my night stand currently being read. I've got a Jesus Christ, Gandhi, MLK, Mandela vibe going on in my room with paintings of Christ and statues of the Buddha to keep me company. I don't even really know what that last statement even means. I'm just surrounding myself with the right people is what I am trying to convey. Too many people to even mention. Too many books to read.

To be honest I think I may be a bit depressed. I don't feel like trimming my beard, taking a shower, brushing my teeth, getting some food. I'll eventually likely get to all of these things but I found myself in a bit of a reverie after reading AdBusters I thought I might flesh it out with some writing and thinking and writing and thinking.

I think we need all the ideas we can get if we want to avoid extinction or even just some fucked up mental dystopia. I agree with Peter Joesph that the mental dystopia will reach us first in about 50 years pretty much on the same timeline that the fish disappear. It's pretty much over at that point. The increase in suicides is yet another marker that shit ain't right. It will only increase if changes are not made. Part of me wants to say fuck it let's enjoy life while it lasts but number 1 I am not really enjoying life and number two the suffering of future generations weighs colossally on my heart. If it were the case that everyone takes a pill and goes into extinction hand in hand that is one thing but the next 200 years is going to be fucking brutal if we don't make some changes asap.

0 votes
Facebook Twitter

RiKD    United States. Jan 10 2020 05:18. Posts 5852

Just finished cooking some gallo pinto and this came on:



Feels good man.


RiKD    United States. Jan 10 2020 05:20. Posts 5852

I have a new green sauce to try too which I think will be delectable.

Vegan peasant food 2020!


Santafairy   Korea (South). Jan 10 2020 19:43. Posts 1638

well the world has 200years of terrible problems ahead but don't worry lads, rikd is worrying about it so things will work out in the end

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

RiKD    United States. Jan 10 2020 22:33. Posts 5852

I never said it would work out in the end. We are in a lot of trouble if only I am worrying about it.

Let's say my life expectancy is 85. I die when shit starts to get real harry. I am still suffering through capitalism for 50 years though. I said there is an impulse to say fuck it and enjoy life but that's not really possible. But rich boomers actually can and do indulge in that impulse in large numbers. "Fuck it, that's not real (I'll be dead anyway)." All they care about is their Medicare, Social Security, and investment positions. There's no incentive to even look at the science. Just like there is no incentive to take a look at capitalism. The science doesn't serve their interests just as the truths about capitalism doesn't serve their interests. So, the science becomes fake news even in the eyes of people with science degrees. Being in business skews a lot.

I'd imagine you are in the same boat Santafairy? Coveting your Speedmaster or Daytona or whatever watch. I was once there in poker. A smart watch was the symbol that you were a success and not some "loser living in someone's basement grinding micro stakes." I chose to prove that by buying expensive vodka and champagne in fake ass clubs. I remember talking to one particular woman and she was questioning my success at poker and I was just like "I'm here nigga. I'm here!" Meaning I am here in Vegas with a VIP table. Which actually doesn't mean that much. In those days if I was unhappy and had $20,000 sitting around it was time to travel somewhere. Maybe I can run away from myself. The novelty was stupendous but ultimately I always had to bring myself along. This is not to say I didn't enjoy my time traveling or partying. Sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't. At the end of the day it was more about the people I met. Whether that's living in downtown Buenos Aires or out in the farms on Gozo Island, Malta. Of course, later when I had a corporate job and didn't have the freedom to travel I would spend my disposable income on things like the W Hotel in downtown Chicago when my friend's couch was offered or I would buy the infamous Le Corbusier lamp that still sits in my brother's basement. I would wear tailored suits to bourgeois events. Again, the only thing that mattered was the people. I can't outrun the pain by buying a lamp or a tailored suit even if these things illicit a certain feeling. Wearing a nice tailored suit or tux can make a man feel bulletproof until it doesn't. I'm happy now in sweatpants. You know you can make a good batch of rice and beans that serves about 4 for less than $20? Probably, only poor people know that bananas cost like $1 for 4-5 of them. I fear that's because they brutally exploit the workers (which they do). The capitalists make everything so hazy though. I try to minimize consumption as much as possible but it seems like I can never win. I buy Tom's toothpaste that is owned by Colgate. When that runs out I use the Colgate my dentist gives me at appointments. There is no escaping capitalism. Or is there?

If I go the NGO route I'm not escaping capitalism. That's been a rough one for me too. Everything is like Administrative Assistant or Program Director which I don't know if I am qualified for anything anywhere at this point. It feels bad man.

It's got me thinking I belong in some commune somewhere or just out in the middle of a forest. But a current in my life is that it's always been about the people so I just have to continue going to these recovery meetings and making connections with people. It's the only thing I know at this point.

I could go to Food Not Bombs this Sunday. Meet some leftists in this city and help some people get a meal.

I found out my best friend in this city is back doing drugs. Shows how healthy I was doing before locking in some more meetings and connections. He moved to a new place, we stopped communicating and then he's doing drugs again. I'm not saying that is the reason I am just saying guys stop communicating and connecting with people and they are back on the drugs pretty quick.

I think I have found a handful of meetings now that I feel relatively good about. Now, it's just about being consistent. I guess I could also seek out socialist and communists groups, leftist groups, anarchist groups and do the same.

Peace and love brothers and sisters.


RiKD    United States. Jan 10 2020 22:55. Posts 5852

I'll put this here too:

Left Values Results


Into Infinity   United States. Jan 11 2020 07:56. Posts 1839

you need to start enjoying the little things

what is your current line of work?


Santafairy   Korea (South). Jan 11 2020 10:11. Posts 1638

i'm saying don't lose sleep over that

it ain't all waiting on you, that's vanity - no country for old men

the ice is melting but rikd made himself depressed. so relax everyone problem solved

idgaf about luxury anything

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

RiKD    United States. Jan 12 2020 05:14. Posts 5852


  On January 11 2020 06:56 Into Infinity wrote:
you need to start enjoying the little things

what is your current line of work?



The little things like what?

I make pizzas


RiKD    United States. Jan 12 2020 05:28. Posts 5852


  On January 11 2020 09:11 Santafairy wrote:
i'm saying don't lose sleep over that



I don't lose sleep but I am concerned about the amount of suffering my fellow brothers and sisters are currently going through and the amount that will increase in the future even after I'm dead.


  it ain't all waiting on you, that's vanity - no country for old men



I don't know what this means


  the ice is melting but rikd made himself depressed. so relax everyone problem solved



I've spent some time with good people the last couple days... I think I was teetering on depression but hanging out with some people brought me out of that. I'm more depressed about the state of neoliberal capitalism in 2020 than 2070 because I'm currently living through it and it kind of sucks. I don't think i'm particularly optimistic or pessimistic about the future but the probable outcomes don't look great overall. If I continue to be consistent in being social, find a good job, meet a woman my life probably doesn't suck as much. Those are just 3 things. 3 things that are not impossible or shouldn't even really be too difficult.

I realize being depressed doesn't "solve any problems" but besides some behavioral factors I can't really help whether I'm depressed or not. Simply put not sleeping too much, being with people, and being in nature are probably the simplest 3 to keep me above water but it can get to a certain point where I don't feel like doing any of those things. I have to force myself to do them.


  idgaf about luxury anything



What about your decadent man bag hunt? Criticizing Into Infinity for not buying the "right" watch?

It's a good trait not to get trapped by luxury.


Santafairy   Korea (South). Jan 12 2020 06:24. Posts 1638

then watch movie no country for old men

how was that decadent it was like $130 not a fucking birkin. it's a bag i can put stuff in it looks nice my style

for the price of a speedy you could have 100 casios

a daytona is 5 figures

it's unfair or judgmental because i don't have the whole picture but in that case i was teasing him for buying something expensive and cliche instead of having his own taste yet not being on the level to get something even more snooty. on the other hand they are classic for a reason.

if you're not losing sleep you're still obviously losing your waking time

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

RiKD    United States. Jan 12 2020 21:18. Posts 5852

The fact that you know what a birken is or a daytona shows that you give some fucks about luxury.

I don't mind losing some waking time on thinking about how to reverse the extinction of humans and probably most living beings on Earth. Probably everybody besides Greta Thunberg and some others should spend some more time thinking about it. Again, it's not even about the extinction it's the amount of suffering that goes along with it.


hiems   United States. Jan 13 2020 13:41. Posts 1536


  On January 12 2020 04:14 RiKD wrote:
Show nested quote +



The little things like what?

I make pizzas


lollllllllllllllll


Santafairy   Korea (South). Jan 13 2020 16:00. Posts 1638


  On January 12 2020 20:18 RiKD wrote:
The fact that you know what a birken is or a daytona shows that you give some fucks about luxury.

I don't mind losing some waking time on thinking about how to reverse the extinction of humans and probably most living beings on Earth. Probably everybody besides Greta Thunberg and some others should spend some more time thinking about it. Again, it's not even about the extinction it's the amount of suffering that goes along with it.


that doesn't make sense

you know who kim kardashian is. that doesn't mean you care about instagram sluts with huge asses

level 1 bullshit come on don't troll me with that

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

bigredhoss   Cook Islands. Jan 14 2020 03:42. Posts 8636


  On January 13 2020 15:00 Santafairy wrote:
Show nested quote +


that doesn't make sense

you know who kim kardashian is. that doesn't mean you care about instagram sluts with huge asses

level 1 bullshit come on don't troll me with that


Actually it's more like saying you know who Kim's sister's ex-boyfriend is, which probably has some correlation to interest in reality TV sluts.

Everyone knows Kim K, so the fashion equivalent would be like knowing the name Rolex or Prada. I've never heard of Birken or Daytona (re: fashion) outside of this blog, I had to google what they are (apparently Daytona is a type of Rolex?).

I don't care if people are into expensive fashion stuff btw, just pointing out the logic fail.

Truck-Crash Life 

Santafairy   Korea (South). Jan 14 2020 03:57. Posts 1638

if you've never heard of them try reading a book

only logic fail here is the crude resentment of knowledge

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

Santafairy   Korea (South). Jan 14 2020 04:00. Posts 1638

yeah i just love birkin so much my ultimate goal in life is to carry a birkin purse

absolute drivel wtf are you talking about

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

RiKD    United States. Jan 14 2020 05:57. Posts 5852


  On January 14 2020 02:57 Santafairy wrote:
if you've never heard of them try reading a book

only logic fail here is the crude resentment of knowledge



Yeah, cuz Tolstoy wrote extensively on Birken bags and Daytonas.

At some point you had to care about luxury to know what those 2 things are. I only knew what Birken bag was because Jay Z rapped about getting his girl one and how it was a next level move. This was at a time that I cared about luxury so even though I currently don't care about luxury I still have all that knowledge. "Crude resentment of knowledge." LOL. There is no resentment here. Just that if you can write a post about how the "Daytona" is a better play than the "Speedmaster" you obviously at some point in your life cared about luxury. I had to google both "Daytona" and "Speedmaster" and I admit I used to care a lot about luxury.


RiKD    United States. Jan 14 2020 06:11. Posts 5852

A quick google search says Birkin makes male bags now.

No one said it's your ultimate goal in life but if you could afford it you'd probably have one.

I don't need a bag so I don't have one. If I were to get a bag it would be some practical hiking backpack. At this point I would never get a leather bag because I am boycotting leather products because it's fucking cruel and unethical. Leather is an example of TOP DOWN COOL that needs to end. Nike is another one. Louie Vuitton another. I feel a lot better about myself just wearing whatever vegan shit seems to make sense for that day.


Santafairy   Korea (South). Jan 14 2020 06:29. Posts 1638


  On January 14 2020 04:57 RiKD wrote:
Show nested quote +



Yeah, cuz Tolstoy wrote extensively on Birken bags and Daytonas.

At some point you had to care about luxury to know what those 2 things are. I only knew what Birken bag was because Jay Z rapped about getting his girl one and how it was a next level move. This was at a time that I cared about luxury so even though I currently don't care about luxury I still have all that knowledge. "Crude resentment of knowledge." LOL. There is no resentment here. Just that if you can write a post about how the "Daytona" is a better play than the "Speedmaster" you obviously at some point in your life cared about luxury. I had to google both "Daytona" and "Speedmaster" and I admit I used to care a lot about luxury.

for the last time

that was a sarcastic

needle

i'm not going to apologize for knowing something you don't, yet you claim to know a lot about despite not actually knowing things and only knowing about them from jay z when you do

"knowledge stopped at tolstoy over 100 years ago" - guy who has no psychological framework for surviving in the modern world


  On January 14 2020 05:11 RiKD wrote:
A quick google search says Birkin makes male bags now.

No one said it's your ultimate goal in life but if you could afford it you'd probably have one.

I don't need a bag so I don't have one. If I were to get a bag it would be some practical hiking backpack. At this point I would never get a leather bag because I am boycotting leather products because it's fucking cruel and unethical. Leather is an example of TOP DOWN COOL that needs to end. Nike is another one. Louie Vuitton another. I feel a lot better about myself just wearing whatever vegan shit seems to make sense for that day.


you googled birkin bags? wow sounds like you really care a lot maybe you should change your name to birkin

if i could afford a birkin bag i would have one?

you're an idiot, i was with your struggles before but this is asinine

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

 
 1 
  2 
  3 
  4 
  > 
  Last 
  All 



Poker Streams

















Copyright © 2020. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap