https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 218 Active, 3 Logged in - Time: 05:02

Politics thread (USA Elections 2016) - Page 4

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > General
  First 
  < 
  1 
  2 
  3 
 4 
  5 
  6 
  7 
  8 
  9 
  10 
  17 
  > 
  Last 
Mortensen8   Chad. Nov 10 2016 17:21. Posts 1761


  On November 10 2016 12:07 PanoRaMa wrote:
Show nested quote +



Idk bud, you might be the shallow one based on this post.

Millennials complaining about other SJW millennials reminds me of how people used to bash "emo kids" back in the day. Great for you man, I hope you found the validation you needed. Meanwhile there are people legitimately concerned for the environment, national surveillance, the supreme court justice seats, and a billion other things. Just people being shallow, I guess.

(For what it's worth I voted for neither HRC or Trump)

I really hoped Trump wouldn't win, but he did and we must respect the office. The election results are a real lesson in empathy. The writing was on the wall during the primaries, Trump had a snowballing, diehard fanbase and the rational left believed people would actually care about stuff like blatant sexual harassment. Fact of the matter is people are willing to look past it when their jobs, livelihood, and identity are on the line.

How the left feels now is exactly how racist nutjobs felt when we elected Obama in 08 - talk about secession, emigration, murder, etc. None of that happened, instead they came out in droves on election day. In 4 years, the left can respond similarly.


Or maybe it's preferable to have a guy that says sexist things compared to a warmonger shillary disgusting sociopath that laughs about defending a child rapist that gets off. The environment is the only defense for her but the truth is that environmental legislation is just more debt slavery for the people. They won't fix shit only enslave and they only focus on co2 emissions not the fucking soil, water not rebuilding forests. I could see them jamming everyone into mega cities and we become an even more pathetic form of humanoids.

Rear naked woke 

Stim_Abuser   United States. Nov 10 2016 17:24. Posts 7499


  On November 10 2016 01:56 ClouD87 wrote:
Why do people say Trump hates black people, gay people, transexuals and mexicans? I don't get it. Didn't he just want to remove the illegal immigrants? I know it's leftist propaganda bullshit I don't understand what the excuse is.

Also I feel way safer with Trump as president. Hillary was ready to have a fucking war with Russia. We don't want that, right?





http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

You can just google donald trump racism and you will get plenty of stuff. I just chose the first link.

Hey Im slinging mad volume and fat stackin benjies I dont got time for spellin n shit - skinny peteLast edit: 10/11/2016 17:32

Santafairy   Korea (South). Nov 10 2016 18:22. Posts 1430


  On November 10 2016 07:24 Spitfiree wrote:
Show nested quote +


Yes, electoral college might not even be that bad of an idea. Winner takes all on state level is idiotic though. Oh look 50.1% to 49.9% lets give the 50.1% all the votes.... because fuck logic.


The logic is that the country is a confederation of different states... what kind of electoral college do you want? One where only delegates are winner-take all?

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

Rapoza   Brasil. Nov 10 2016 20:08. Posts 1612

--- Nuked ---

Pouncer Style 4 the win 

NMcNasty    United States. Nov 10 2016 21:24. Posts 1984


  On November 10 2016 19:08 Rapoza wrote:
So... is ww3 incoming?



Hillary Clinton is not a good candidate. Most of the charges against her are way overblown, many just complete fabrications, but its true she is simply not a good candidate. Still, you at least know what you're getting. Whatever she says, whatever her opponents say, her foreign policy will almost certainly be a continuation of Bill Clinton's or Obama's.

With Trump's foreign policy you have a mystery box. Its part mystery box because he has absolutely no experience, part because he's a pathological liar. Some people think nuclear weapons + mystery box is OK, as long as you can stick it to liberal political correctness. I do not, in fact I think its the furthest thing from OK.


Big_Rob_isback   United States. Nov 10 2016 21:47. Posts 196

Well, hopefully nothing terrible happens and it will guide the United States towards a more clear vision of what we really want here. So short term maybe not so good, but long term it is a good thing? I am also not saying for sure Trump will do bad, but if he does as terrible as half the country thinks he will, then as long as we are still doing ok we can make extremely good choices for our next representatives.

just playing live poker for fun 

Mortensen8   Chad. Nov 10 2016 22:07. Posts 1761


  On November 10 2016 20:24 NMcNasty wrote:
Show nested quote +



Hillary Clinton is not a good candidate. Most of the charges against her are way overblown, many just complete fabrications, but its true she is simply not a good candidate. Still, you at least know what you're getting. Whatever she says, whatever her opponents say, her foreign policy will almost certainly be a continuation of Bill Clinton's or Obama's.

With Trump's foreign policy you have a mystery box. Its part mystery box because he has absolutely no experience, part because he's a pathological liar. Some people think nuclear weapons + mystery box is OK, as long as you can stick it to liberal political correctness. I do not, in fact I think its the furthest thing from OK.


Clinton said she wanted a no-fly zone in Syria
https://www.theguardian.com/world/201...nton-syria-no-fly-zones-russia-us-war

Rear naked wokeLast edit: 10/11/2016 22:08

Spitfiree   Bulgaria. Nov 10 2016 22:20. Posts 8726


  On November 10 2016 17:22 Santafairy wrote:
Show nested quote +


The logic is that the country is a confederation of different states... what kind of electoral college do you want? One where only delegates are winner-take all?



No, one where everything is given proportionally to the votes received. No other thing makes sense if you truelly want democracy.

And no Hilary's deeds are not blown out of proportion, they are in fact hidden very well. Between the two she has commited much more atrocities towards humanity as secretary of state. Her outer policy could've potentially led to extreme geopolitical clashes, with Trump at least you have the possibility of that no happening. Well to be honest he seems too dumb for anyone to just let him do a global conflict. It's not like your president runs everything alone. Thats why I find people complaining kinda funny, as if presidents dont have hundreds of people to their closest circle for advice and guidance....


NMcNasty    United States. Nov 10 2016 22:29. Posts 1984


  On November 10 2016 21:07 Mortensen8 wrote:
Clinton said she wanted a no-fly zone in Syria
https://www.theguardian.com/world/201...nton-syria-no-fly-zones-russia-us-war



The purpose being to stop the bombing of civilians by a murderous regime backed by Russia.


NMcNasty    United States. Nov 10 2016 22:40. Posts 1984

And I mean its kinda tough to figure out what Trump's position on a no-fly zone actually is. His VP, Pence, who is awful in a lot of ways (look up his LGBT positions) , can at least string a comprehensible sentence together and he supports a no-fly zone. Casual googling gives me mixed results for Donald. Came across this gem though:

"This does not sound like me very much, but I want to sit back and I want to see what happens."


LikeASet   United States. Nov 11 2016 00:47. Posts 2111


  On November 10 2016 12:07 PanoRaMa wrote:
Show nested quote +



Idk bud, you might be the shallow one based on this post.

Millennials complaining about other SJW millennials reminds me of how people used to bash "emo kids" back in the day. Great for you man, I hope you found the validation you needed. Meanwhile there are people legitimately concerned for the environment, national surveillance, the supreme court justice seats, and a billion other things. Just people being shallow, I guess.

(For what it's worth I voted for neither HRC or Trump)

I really hoped Trump wouldn't win, but he did and we must respect the office. The election results are a real lesson in empathy. The writing was on the wall during the primaries, Trump had a snowballing, diehard fanbase and the rational left believed people would actually care about stuff like blatant sexual harassment. Fact of the matter is people are willing to look past it when their jobs, livelihood, and identity are on the line.

How the left feels now is exactly how racist nutjobs felt when we elected Obama in 08 - talk about secession, emigration, murder, etc. None of that happened, instead they came out in droves on election day. In 4 years, the left can respond similarly.



So by your logic, everyone who voted for trump is not concerned with the environment, national defence, etc. GJ oversimplifying the whole situation. Not like Hillary is a proven war monger or anything.


Santafairy   Korea (South). Nov 11 2016 01:08. Posts 1430


  On November 10 2016 21:20 Spitfiree wrote:
Show nested quote +



No, one where everything is given proportionally to the votes received. No other thing makes sense if you truelly want democracy.


Why did you say an electoral college might not be a bad idea, then?

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

lebowski   Greece. Nov 11 2016 01:53. Posts 9036


  On November 10 2016 20:24 NMcNasty wrote:
Show nested quote +



Hillary Clinton is not a good candidate. Most of the charges against her are way overblown, many just complete fabrications, but its true she is simply not a good candidate. Still, you at least know what you're getting. Whatever she says, whatever her opponents say, her foreign policy will almost certainly be a continuation of Bill Clinton's or Obama's.

With Trump's foreign policy you have a mystery box. Its part mystery box because he has absolutely no experience, part because he's a pathological liar. Some people think nuclear weapons + mystery box is OK, as long as you can stick it to liberal political correctness. I do not, in fact I think its the furthest thing from OK.

this.
Also, the idea that Clinton would start WW3 because of the no fly zone position is just strategical counter to what the democrats were saying about Trump having the nuclear codes. I just can't believe that so many people repeat it like it's a plausible scenario. One can find a ton of careless (?) quotes of Trump in regards to nuclear weapons but nothing on behalf of Clinton that suggests she's a trigger happy WW3 enthusiast (links anyone?). Oh well I guess we'll see how the new president does

new shit has come to light... a-and... shit! man... 

Bigbobm   United States. Nov 11 2016 05:38. Posts 5490

Fuck, Gary Johnson lost?

Its time to stop thinking like a bitch and think smart like a poker player - ket 

PanoRaMa   United States. Nov 11 2016 05:59. Posts 1655


  On November 10 2016 23:47 LikeASet wrote:
Show nested quote +




So by your logic, everyone who voted for trump is not concerned with the environment, national defence, etc. GJ oversimplifying the whole situation. Not like Hillary is a proven war monger or anything.



Wow, I'm at a loss. I 100% have no idea what to say to someone who read my post and came to the exact 3 conclusions you did.

http://panorama.liquidpoker.net 

Loco   Canada. Nov 11 2016 06:13. Posts 19779


  On November 10 2016 23:47 LikeASet wrote:
Show nested quote +




So by your logic, everyone who voted for trump is not concerned with the environment, national defence, etc. GJ oversimplifying the whole situation. Not like Hillary is a proven war monger or anything.



What the fuck are you talking about? You voted for a climate change denier. You're concerned with the environment how, exactly? I'm sure you're also concerned with women's rights as you also voted to take away their right to have an abortion. The list of stupid shit goes on, as we all know. Why? Because you felt "annoyed with some SJW people"? That's the equivalent of hiring a psychopath to shoot up a school because you were bullied by a small group of people and then patting yourself on the back for "winning".

The most disturbing part is how satisfied you are with yourself. No one with a functioning brain and a little compassion should be satisfied about [the results of] this election.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken)Last edit: 11/11/2016 06:20

Loco   Canada. Nov 11 2016 06:26. Posts 19779


  On November 09 2016 20:09 lebowski wrote:
Show nested quote +


link to interview?



For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken) 

Fentr   United States. Nov 11 2016 06:30. Posts 5


  On November 10 2016 16:21 Mortensen8 wrote:
Or maybe it's preferable to have a guy that says sexist things compared to a warmonger shillary disgusting sociopath that laughs about defending a child rapist that gets off. The environment is the only defense for her but the truth is that environmental legislation is just more debt slavery for the people. They won't fix shit only enslave and they only focus on co2 emissions not the fucking soil, water not rebuilding forests. I could see them jamming everyone into mega cities and we become an even more pathetic form of humanoids.



So what's your solution for America? All I see from the right is blaming Obama/Clinton for everything that is wrong with America. Fine, they are gone or soon to be gone. Asking in good faith, how do we solve some of America's biggest problems? What even are America's biggest problems? I see few solutions offered up by Trump and even fewer practical methods of achieving his limited ideas.

I also don't understand how it's an anti-establishment election because of Trump. The same people who voted Trump also voted to retain almost all of their incumbent, establishment politicians in the house and senate. He's also about to appoint to his cabinet people like Giuliani, Christie, Gingrich, etc. These guys are the very definition of establishment, having been in politics for over 25+ years each.

Becoming buddy buddy with Vladimir Putin should also alarm Americans as well as anyone living in CIS countries and Europe. Russia has naked ambitions of annexing more land and bringing back the USSR in its full glory. The proxy war Obama is fighting in Syria/Yemen is basically to impede Russian influence on the continent. Russia's economy is in the shitter and it wants to sell its oil and arms, but unfortunately there are very few buyers (Iran and Syria for now). Why would any American want Russia to grow stronger? If we pull out of the region and go completely isolationist (an idea that Trump has suggested), then there will be little stopping Russia from annexing the rest of Ukraine and more. Are we cool with that? Do we want Russia to get back to its old power? Remind me how good that was for the world.


Spitfiree   Bulgaria. Nov 11 2016 07:55. Posts 8726


  On November 11 2016 00:08 Santafairy wrote:
Show nested quote +


Why did you say an electoral college might not be a bad idea, then?



Its not that bad of an idea in the sense of easining up the elections themselves. Winner takes all policy on them however is quite bad. I have a question regarding them, are they legally bound to vote as the citizen have voted? Or can they just all pick Gary Johnson now, for example.

 Last edit: 11/11/2016 07:56

okyougosu   Russian Federation. Nov 11 2016 08:52. Posts 962


  On November 11 2016 05:30 Fentr wrote:
[QUOTE]On November 10 2016 16:21 Mortensen8 wrote:
Becoming buddy buddy with Vladimir Putin should also alarm Americans as well as anyone living in CIS countries and Europe. Russia has naked ambitions of annexing more land and bringing back the USSR in its full glory. The proxy war Obama is fighting in Syria/Yemen is basically to impede Russian influence on the continent. Russia's economy is in the shitter and it wants to sell its oil and arms, but unfortunately there are very few buyers (Iran and Syria for now). Why would any American want Russia to grow stronger? If we pull out of the region and go completely isolationist (an idea that Trump has suggested), then there will be little stopping Russia from annexing the rest of Ukraine and more. Are we cool with that? Do we want Russia to get back to its old power? Remind me how good that was for the world.



The only thing Russia is doing in Syria is taking down crazy isis terrorists. Its not like Putin "teaming up" with Trump while secretly spamming tanks and aircraft to take over the world, I hope they going to become allies to bring back online poker worldwide again instead.

Lammerman 

 
  First 
  < 
  1 
  2 
  3 
 4 
  5 
  6 
  7 
  8 
  9 
  10 
  17 
  > 
  Last 





Poker Streams


















Copyright © 2019. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap