https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland    Contact            Users: 97 Active, 3 Logged in - Time: 21:43

GameStop WallStreet scandal. - Page 8

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > General
  First 
  < 
  3 
  4 
  5 
  6 
  7 
 8 
  9 
  10 
  11 
  > 
  Last 
  All 
hiems   United States. Mar 11 2021 14:16. Posts 2425

^As I've said before, you know you are on the right track when Spitfiree is arguing on the other side LOL

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wkwWj2d.png[/img] 

hiems   United States. Mar 11 2021 14:21. Posts 2425


  On March 11 2021 05:18 blackjacki2 wrote:
Show nested quote +



This is just incredibly naive. The psychiatrists interviewed him for hours. You read the biased retelling of a story by someone with mental illness that was having an acute psychosis on a poker forum and you think you're a better judge of the situation than the psychiatrists? Give me a break. Also what is this "people joke about killing politicians all the time" bullshit as if a script of a hollywood movie is at all similar to someone in a manic episode.

You think his family knows him best - well they are the ones that took him to the ER for fucks sake. Also why do you think his psychiatrist told his parents to take him to the ER? He/she just randomly decided to fuck with one of their patients? Use some common sense to realize that his retelling of the situation is very biased and missing major details and then maybe you won't just assume the psych doctors are bullshitting him.


You guys both have points.

Stroggoz is indeed being very naive in actually taking RiKD's opinions seriously at this point in time. Maybe he is so honed in on his desire to overthrow the government that he wants RiKD to assassinate pelosi, lol.

On the other hand, Stroggoz is correct in pointing out that mental health professionals, psychologists, and the psychology industry as a whole is a massive cult/ponzi scheme. It does not surprise me at the backlash he is getting here. I think blackjack is more or less reasonable politics wise but it doesnt matter left or right they are all brainwashed by the cult.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wkwWj2d.png[/img] 

hiems   United States. Mar 11 2021 14:26. Posts 2425

re : "The people who know your mental health the best are decent family members and friends who have known you for a long time."

The one thing I will say is that RiKD has the unfortunate position of having a cult-member in his family (I believe his sister is some sort of mental health professional). While he does have some good reasonable capitalist voices in his family (father and brother from what I can tell), he consistently chooses to always pick the easy, instant gratification route in his decision making and likely zones these voices out of his life and listens/gravitates more to his sister probably which is ironic because the mental health professional is the one worsening his condition long term. Same thing goes to the parasite Loco.

Honestly a part of me feels that out of all people in the world, I might be the most qualified person to offer any sort of counseling service to RiKD and help turn his life around lol.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wkwWj2d.png[/img] 

hiems   United States. Mar 11 2021 14:47. Posts 2425


  On March 11 2021 04:03 Baalim wrote:


To Rik:

You halllucinate while doing BJJ? again it feels to me that your bipolar disorder is being handled very poorly, you dont like working in the food industry unless you work for a michelline star restaurant, you dont like painting if you are not producing masterpieces, this seems like a constant with you. you fantasize about archieving a very far and hard to reach goal, and since you are not there, you give up.



"you give up" -->

agreed.....and then he chooses the instant gratification route to posting on LP and alluding / re-living periods in his life where he was on top of the world. Same thing with socialism. He realizes he will never overcome the handicap at this point in his life to win at capitalism, so he brings down others' hard earned work and tries to create a society in which currency = social status instead of money (where he has more social status cause he has read philosophy, is more active in politics, paints, listens to more music, etc).

My honest opinion is at this point in his life it has come to a point where things are so messed up that its not even about tempering expectations to "just work at a regular restaraunt instead of a michelin star restaraunt". That was a few/many years ago and after squandering even those opportunities and after yet another hospitalization he is borderline unemployable at the even the lowest jobs at the moment. At this point I believe RiKD should just focus on getting mentally well, focus on his health etc and go from there.


[img]https://i.imgur.com/wkwWj2d.png[/img] 

Loco   Canada. Mar 11 2021 19:26. Posts 20646


  On March 10 2021 21:20 Baalim wrote:
wow you guys have been through rough shit, this is becoming a emotional support forum more than a poker one and I'm ok with that lol.


back on RikD it feels to me as his psychiatrist doesn't push him enough, It seems your bipolarity leans towards mania and you use your energy rumiating ideas to the point you become unstable, I think you should DO more things that you enjoy, and yes you lose motivation quickly like painting or making pizzas but you should push through it, especially because often the reasons are silly like inconpetence, well of course you will suck thats the point, slowly master it, that is where most of the enjoyment comes from.

Why did you say that you were overvaluing specifically my input and that perhaps I dont have your best interest at heart, what do you mean with that?



You say he lacks insight but you obviously lack insight into his condition too. You are talking to him as if he had poorly-managed ADHD instead of Bipolar 1. You think he has way more control over his illness than he does in reality. Having a manic episode is not like having a "hyperfocus" episode with ADHD, you cannot direct your energy towards something to "learn to master it". A manic episode is by default not controllable, and not situational. It is not dependent on external circumstances; it cannot be "honed".

You get the basic causality wrong. He doesn't become unstable because he is making poor use of his energy ruminating on bad ideas. It's the unstable state of his biology that is what leads him to ruminate, be extremely distractible, make poor decisions, find no enjoyment in things, have distorted perceptions/grandiose self-esteem/delusions, etc.

Outside of taking his medication as prescribed and reporting to his psychiatrist there is nothing he can do to completely avoid these episodes or significantly alter them any more than he already has.

This is not something that would change even if he became successful by normal societal American standards. There's a high number of successful people who have manic episodes and who [try to] commit suicide. We often see bipolar artists commit suicide at the peak of their careers. There is no amount of self-help, capitalist success/right-wing ideology that will change his neurobiology. This is something he'll have to live with for the rest of his life and ideally he would be surrounded by supportive people and not subject himself to the kind of ignorant, patronizing or ridiculing behavior that he is exposed to when he comes here.

The medium is the messageLast edit: 11/03/2021 19:35

hiems   United States. Mar 11 2021 20:16. Posts 2425

There is no such thing as ADHD or Bipolar 1. These are just made up buckets of hocum that don't have any bearing on actual reality.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wkwWj2d.png[/img] 

RiKD    United States. Mar 11 2021 20:17. Posts 6968


  On March 11 2021 04:03 Baalim wrote:
Show nested quote +



Well yeah the psychiatrist have lilttle info and if they get someone on a psychotic break talking about killing Nancy Pelosi and mentioning Parler I think its wise to tell that person to keep off that place, this isn't a normal instance of somebody talking about killing Hitler.

Yes mathematicians do that, but Rik isn't one of them, doing that isn't a sign of mental health but of mania.

To Rik:

You halllucinate while doing BJJ? again it feels to me that your bipolar disorder is being handled very poorly, you dont like working in the food industry unless you work for a michelline star restaurant, you dont like painting if you are not producing masterpieces, this seems like a constant with you. you fantasize about archieving a very far and hard to reach goal, and since you are not there, you give up.


So much misinformation everywhere....

I was not on a psychotic break. I had made a piece of art that morning regarding Gilet Jaunes and guillotining Nancy Pelosi. It was abstract art and my dad asked me what it was. I joked that it is what happens if Nancy Pelosi doesn't behave and he thought that was funny. So, then fast forward to that night when this doctor who was maybe 26 and probably a resident and who had never even met me before asks me if i have had thoughts about harming people. The first thing that came to my brain was joking about killing Nancy Pelosi with my dad. My dad thought it was funny. The doctor definitely did not. My actual Psychiatrist who sees me consistently advised that i do not go involuntary because she actually knows me and knows that i have 0 violent history, 0 access to guns, etc etc etc. It is not rocket science to just contain me in my parents' home, up some of the dosages on my meds, and give me Ativan so i can calm down and get some proper sleep.

I also never mentioned Parler once with out being asked about it. I have never been on Parler. What happened was that the forensics psychiatrist rushed out a report from our meeting so that the team of 4 psychiatrists that barely know who i am could skim it or maybe not even read it before our meeting the next morning that the forensics psychiatrist did not even attend. That is the type of thing that leads to the disinformation of a doctor lecturing me on Parler for 10 min. when i had never thought about joining besides perhaps a couple of times to investigate how crazy Q Anon are.

I use to be pretty good at math. No, certainly no Einstein, Gödel, John Nash but pretty good. In reality i have thought about the stuff i was working on since advanced Calculus. One of my first blogs on here touches on some of it. When i asked my brother who is a PhD in Physics some questions i stumped him. I feel like i later answered some of those questions suitably. I think it was more so re-learning stuff i once knew and discovering stuff i never knew than actually doing some groundbreaking work in mathematics/analytical philosophy but it was fun. I would wager anyone with an education in Calculus and knowledge of quantum computing could understand it or get to the same findings if they spent any time on it. I do feel that since i have experienced infinity or some real number that is approaching infinity that i can understand some of the concepts better but at the end of the day i don't have a history of popping out of bed on no sleep to do math problems so in this case it is more a symptom of my mania rather than me being a brilliant mathematician.

Yes, baal, i have hallucinated doing BJJ. I think it was just that one time at BJJ but that was a very common hallucination to experience certain people as archetypes for others trying to get me some sort of information for that epoch of manias. I remember one time i played 18 holes of golf with my dad and the entire 18 holes was serious hallucinating. It was very difficult to play golf but if i stayed calm some of the scenery was very beautiful. The last mania was not too bad. I just remember in the psych ward the designs on the furniture and floor would move around and flow. Once i got used to it it was like it wasn't even there.

With most here it can't be that these doctors are to be 100% trusted but are also terrible and handling everything poorly. Most of you are silly.

This last mania i did everything as directed except my sleep schedule got a little off. I never knew the trick to set an alarm and take my meds the exact same time every night. It's not like my Lithium levels were totally devastated or anything like that either. It can be a tough disorder.

I have gone manic doing everything 100% correct with out any hitches.

When did i say anything about Michelin stars? I would not want to work in a Michelin star restaurant. Maybe at 1 point when i was being stupid and thinking i could just be Anthony Bourdain in 10 years of mediocre work but i never actually thought that was possible. If that dream ever even existed it was thoroughly crushed when the first restaurant i worked for had a very talented chef working 80+ hours for a shitty salary. I think he did the math and discovered that he would be making more on our shitty hourly wage then on his shitty salary. Anyways, that wasn't a terrible place to work but the owner fired the general manager, the chef quit instantly and since the owner didn't know what he was doing the restaurant went bust within a year. My friend who is a Chef worked at a humble, local Asian restaurant. Great food but far from seeing any Michelin stars anytime soon.

IRT Painting... What the fuck are you talking about?

I have worked on 4 paintings in the last month. None of them will be masterpieces. I finished one that i like a lot and will be giving it to a friend. I finished another which i was kinda meh on but my sister liked it and wants it so i will give it to her. I have another that i don't really know what the fuck i am doing with it but i will continue to work on it when i feel like it and then i have a newer one which i really like how it started out and maybe have a bit of FEAR that i will ruin it although it really doesn't fucking matter at all in the grand scheme of things. In order to clean out my closets i threw a bunch of good work away and now it is sitting and rotting in a dump site somewhere so boo fucking hoo.

Bro, do you know what i am trying to achieve?

- Take my medications
- Eat less food
- Go for a walk

AND

When my parents are finally vaccinated in the middle of April:

- Hang out with my friends

My "Goal" has not changed since the Fall of 2014:

Reduce existential suffering and improve Life.

But it is more about the systems that are put into place then airy fairy goals.


RiKD    United States. Mar 11 2021 20:44. Posts 6968


  On March 11 2021 05:18 blackjacki2 wrote:
Show nested quote +



This is just incredibly naive. The psychiatrists interviewed him for hours. You read the biased retelling of a story by someone with mental illness that was having an acute psychosis on a poker forum and you think you're a better judge of the situation than the psychiatrists? Give me a break. Also what is this "people joke about killing politicians all the time" bullshit as if a script of a hollywood movie is at all similar to someone in a manic episode.

You think his family knows him best - well they are the ones that took him to the ER for fucks sake. Also why do you think his psychiatrist told his parents to take him to the ER? He/she just randomly decided to fuck with one of their patients? Use some common sense to realize that his retelling of the situation is very biased and missing major details and then maybe you won't just assume the psych doctors are bullshitting him.


My psychiatrists in the psych ward never interviewed me. There was 4 psychiatrists that would have a short meeting with me in the morning and then on top of that there were another 6 students observing. It was kind of an absurd situation. There was 1 forensics psychiatrist that interviewed me for 3 hours or more one day. I didn't time it but it was a long enough time that i was tired and thirsty and hungry afterward. Her job was to do that interview and then rush out a report that the 4 psychiatrists could read or not read before the next morning's meeting in which the forensics psychiatrist would not attend. I am unsure if any of them actually read it because they lectured me on stuff that had nothing to do with what i spoke to the forensics psychiatrist about the previous day.

You seem to misread or disregard the fact that my personal psychiatrist that i see regularly advised that i not be considered involuntary. My parents will always have the bias to treat me in their home versus send me to the psych ward but will likely default to what my personal doctor says. This has been arranged for numerous past situations. I have dealt with psych wards in 2 other states and there is nothing like some random likely resident who has never met me before swinging his magic wand and making me involuntary past the point of no return.


RiKD    United States. Mar 11 2021 20:52. Posts 6968


  On March 11 2021 13:26 hiems wrote:
re : "The people who know your mental health the best are decent family members and friends who have known you for a long time."

The one thing I will say is that RiKD has the unfortunate position of having a cult-member in his family (I believe his sister is some sort of mental health professional). While he does have some good reasonable capitalist voices in his family (father and brother from what I can tell), he consistently chooses to always pick the easy, instant gratification route in his decision making and likely zones these voices out of his life and listens/gravitates more to his sister probably which is ironic because the mental health professional is the one worsening his condition long term. Same thing goes to the parasite Loco.

Honestly a part of me feels that out of all people in the world, I might be the most qualified person to offer any sort of counseling service to RiKD and help turn his life around lol.



Bro,

The other day you were talking about getting a hooker which i played along because i thought it was funny. If sex trafficking did not exist and law enforcement weren't bastards i would be all for it although i don't know if i would actually do it. The idea that i should pay for a good hooker so that will motivate me to seek employment and make more money so that i can pay more hookers is atrociously bad advise.


Stroggoz   New Zealand. Mar 11 2021 20:57. Posts 4945

fyi in advanced calc, real numbers don't approach infinity. They are defined to be cauchy sequences of rationals, and you can prove an infinite sequence that is cauchy is bounded by splitting it into a finite part and the epsilon part

From Terrance Tao's analysis book.



tell me what this math problem is so we can determine if your bsing or not haha.

I was way over the top in my post btw, (who cares it's just LP.)

To show off, here is my proof . Might be the first time in history of LP anyone has backed up sufficient evidence to end the argument.



I know this is a bit bizzare to completely ignore your deep seated mental issues and focus on one thing you said about math, but i got time to kill this morning.

supposed to have greenstar not braceletLast edit: 11/03/2021 21:11

RiKD    United States. Mar 11 2021 21:10. Posts 6968


  On March 11 2021 18:26 Loco wrote:
Show nested quote +



You say he lacks insight but you obviously lack insight into his condition too. You are talking to him as if he had poorly-managed ADHD instead of Bipolar 1. You think he has way more control over his illness than he does in reality. Having a manic episode is not like having a "hyperfocus" episode with ADHD, you cannot direct your energy towards something to "learn to master it". A manic episode is by default not controllable, and not situational. It is not dependent on external circumstances; it cannot be "honed".

You get the basic causality wrong. He doesn't become unstable because he is making poor use of his energy ruminating on bad ideas. It's the unstable state of his biology that is what leads him to ruminate, be extremely distractible, make poor decisions, find no enjoyment in things, have distorted perceptions/grandiose self-esteem/delusions, etc.

Outside of taking his medication as prescribed and reporting to his psychiatrist there is nothing he can do to completely avoid these episodes or significantly alter them any more than he already has.

This is not something that would change even if he became successful by normal societal American standards. There's a high number of successful people who have manic episodes and who [try to] commit suicide. We often see bipolar artists commit suicide at the peak of their careers. There is no amount of self-help, capitalist success/right-wing ideology that will change his neurobiology. This is something he'll have to live with for the rest of his life and ideally he would be surrounded by supportive people and not subject himself to the kind of ignorant, patronizing or ridiculing behavior that he is exposed to when he comes here.


Good point. I knew it would probably blow-up in an annoying way but i went with it anyways...

Tsk tsk

At least my close friends and family are very supportive. Even the devil woman in the mental health profession.


hiems   United States. Mar 11 2021 21:17. Posts 2425


  On March 11 2021 19:52 RiKD wrote:
Show nested quote +



Bro,

The other day you were talking about getting a hooker which i played along because i thought it was funny. If sex trafficking did not exist and law enforcement weren't bastards i would be all for it although i don't know if i would actually do it. The idea that i should pay for a good hooker so that will motivate me to seek employment and make more money so that i can pay more hookers is atrociously bad advise.


lol.

the bottom line is that none of the people around you have the balls to say anything that isnt out of some dumb-fuck book or user-manual lol. how many of your dumb ass circle is going to tell you to go bang some hooker lol. how many of these idiot psychology culties will do this?

if the advice of your dumb psychologists are so good why do you never get better lol? you keep getting worse and worse and right now you are the zach galifianakis character from hangover lol. but yeah, go ahead keep listening to loco. clearly none of the advice in your mentally challenged brain trust works LOL.

compare that to me that is the k1ng of independent thought, common sense, and life experience !!! (ask stroggoz). also i am known to be a very wise leader.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wkwWj2d.png[/img] 

Stroggoz   New Zealand. Mar 11 2021 21:47. Posts 4945


  On March 11 2021 13:21 hiems wrote:
Show nested quote +



You guys both have points.

Stroggoz is indeed being very naive in actually taking RiKD's opinions seriously at this point in time. Maybe he is so honed in on his desire to overthrow the government that he wants RiKD to assassinate pelosi, lol.

On the other hand, Stroggoz is correct in pointing out that mental health professionals, psychologists, and the psychology industry as a whole is a massive cult/ponzi scheme. It does not surprise me at the backlash he is getting here. I think blackjack is more or less reasonable politics wise but it doesnt matter left or right they are all brainwashed by the cult.



Not the whole industry i was just saying the people there in that room were making bizzare assumptions about Rikd, or at least appeared to be, which we all know are clearly wrong. Obviously his personal physchiatrist knows Rikd a lot better, from experience. I don't know much about psychotherapy but they've had a questionable history of diagnosing things like homosexuality, female sexual frustration, and communism (advocacy) as mental disorders, and now they are saying Rikd shouldn't care about politics, which is one of main ideologies of neoliberalism. So yeah it's hard for me to trust experts, that's one of the few things i share in common with trump voters. It's quite strange to use the word 'disorder' as it implies a value judgement. You could break your leg and call that a physical disorder, or you could view it as a good thing. Seems like a choice to me. In any case mental health professionals respect patient autonomy within reason.

Killing Pelosi is not a good strategy for overthrowing the government, It would actually strengthen it and you'd end up living next to the unabomber. I don't care if someone is on the left i probably spend more time criticising leftists than people on the right. (Though, constructively).

supposed to have greenstar not braceletLast edit: 11/03/2021 21:50

RiKD    United States. Mar 11 2021 22:05. Posts 6968


  On March 11 2021 19:57 Stroggoz wrote:
fyi in advanced calc, real numbers don't approach infinity. They are defined to be cauchy sequences of rationals, and you can prove an infinite sequence that is cauchy is bounded by splitting it into a finite part and the epsilon part

From Terrance Tao's analysis book.



tell me what this math problem is so we can determine if your bsing or not haha.

I was way over the top in my post btw, (who cares it's just LP.)

To show off, here is my proof . Might be the first time in history of LP anyone has backed up sufficient evidence to end the argument.



I know this is a bit bizzare to completely ignore your deep seated mental issues and focus on one thing you said about math, but i got time to kill this morning.



It is nice to see evidence on LP. . That is an interesting problem. I will have to look at it when i am less hungry and after a walk.

Maybe i could have solved that problem when i was 18? I suppose i don't even know what "Advanced Calculus" means. I did not pick a major until they made me when i was in university. My first quarter i took a multi-variable calculus course to just kind of test out to see if maybe i want to continue in maths. People considered that "advanced" which i guess it probably is not. I did reasonably well with out too much work. I loved the professor and disliked the TA. Ultimately, i decided that i didn't want to make a go of it in maths so i stopped taking classes and basically forgot about it until game theory in poker which was fun.


hiems   United States. Mar 11 2021 22:06. Posts 2425


  On March 11 2021 20:47 Stroggoz wrote:
Show nested quote +



Not the whole industry i was just saying the people there in that room were making bizzare assumptions about Rikd, or at least appeared to be, which we all know are clearly wrong. Obviously his personal physchiatrist knows Rikd a lot better, from experience. I don't know much about psychotherapy but they've had a questionable history of diagnosing things like homosexuality, female sexual frustration, and communism (advocacy) as mental disorders, and now they are saying Rikd shouldn't care about politics, which is one of main ideologies of neoliberalism. So yeah it's hard for me to trust experts, that's one of the few things i share in common with trump voters. It's quite strange to use the word 'disorder' as it implies a value judgement. You could break your leg and call that a physical disorder, or you could view it as a good thing. Seems like a choice to me. In any case mental health professionals respect patient autonomy within reason.

Killing Pelosi is not a good strategy for overthrowing the government, It would actually strengthen it and you'd end up living next to the unabomber. I don't care if someone is on the left i probably spend more time criticising leftists than people on the right. (Though, constructively).



Ive lost hope for you !! lol

Seriously at least we somewhat agree on psychology. Honestly its its more than most ppl on this topic. However I feel like your reasons are just overthinking it. All you need is a good working BS meter to see whats going on. You dont need to be some sort of brainiac to figure it out. I really dont see how its not obvious to everybody that its 90% just a massive cult / ponzi to everyone.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wkwWj2d.png[/img] 

blackjacki2   United States. Mar 11 2021 23:24. Posts 2524


  On March 11 2021 19:44 RiKD wrote:
Show nested quote +



My psychiatrists in the psych ward never interviewed me. There was 4 psychiatrists that would have a short meeting with me in the morning and then on top of that there were another 6 students observing. It was kind of an absurd situation. There was 1 forensics psychiatrist that interviewed me for 3 hours or more one day. I didn't time it but it was a long enough time that i was tired and thirsty and hungry afterward. Her job was to do that interview and then rush out a report that the 4 psychiatrists could read or not read before the next morning's meeting in which the forensics psychiatrist would not attend. I am unsure if any of them actually read it because they lectured me on stuff that had nothing to do with what i spoke to the forensics psychiatrist about the previous day.

You seem to misread or disregard the fact that my personal psychiatrist that i see regularly advised that i not be considered involuntary. My parents will always have the bias to treat me in their home versus send me to the psych ward but will likely default to what my personal doctor says. This has been arranged for numerous past situations. I have dealt with psych wards in 2 other states and there is nothing like some random likely resident who has never met me before swinging his magic wand and making me involuntary past the point of no return.




  It is not rocket science to just contain me in my parents' home, up some of the dosages on my meds, and give me Ativan so i can calm down and get some proper sleep.



It's not Burger King and you don't get to have it your way. If you think a 26 year old resident shouldn't wave a magic wand and make you involuntary because he doesn't know you well enough then I can assure you that a 26 year old resident that has known you for 5 minutes has no business adjusting your meds and sending you home either. Who prescribes the meds anyway? The psychiatrist that told your parents to send you to the ER? Because if someone was going to adjust your meds it should be the person prescribing them, not a ER resident that is a stranger to you. They could have just told you over the phone to adjust the way you are taking your medications. They specifically told your parents to take you to the ER because they wanted you stabilized and evaluated for psych admission. It's easy for your psych doctor to say you didn't need to be admitted. They did the responsible thing and told you to go to the ER and now they want the ER doctor to be the one to discharge you home.


Stroggoz   New Zealand. Mar 12 2021 00:39. Posts 4945


  On March 11 2021 21:05 RiKD wrote:
Show nested quote +



It is nice to see evidence on LP. . That is an interesting problem. I will have to look at it when i am less hungry and after a walk.

Maybe i could have solved that problem when i was 18? I suppose i don't even know what "Advanced Calculus" means. I did not pick a major until they made me when i was in university. My first quarter i took a multi-variable calculus course to just kind of test out to see if maybe i want to continue in maths. People considered that "advanced" which i guess it probably is not. I did reasonably well with out too much work. I loved the professor and disliked the TA. Ultimately, i decided that i didn't want to make a go of it in maths so i stopped taking classes and basically forgot about it until game theory in poker which was fun.


I think advanced calculus is analysis. It's not called advanced calc where i am. There is just normal calc that uses intuition and algebra to make arguments, and then there is calc done rigorously, using logical arguments. That's called analysis. My proof is intro level real analysis.

Usually calc progresses this way:

calc 1
calc 2
diff equations 1 (ordinary)
multivariable
diff equations 2 (ordinary + partial differential)

real analysis
complex analysis
measure theory (more real analysis)
functional analysis.

The analysis stuff is way more interesting, and its a lot like drugs because you get high when you prove things. Analysis is the more 'philosophical' kind of math.

infinity itself is part of the extended real number system. You can negate infinity but you can't add or multiply or divide, ect. That causes problems. These sorts of questions are ignored in normal calc but they are raised and answered in advanced calc. multivariable calc could be taught rigorously but it's unnecessary to use rigor in most life applications. Engineers just assume that planes have infinitely long wings in their math and that's good enough to prevent plane crashes.

supposed to have greenstar not braceletLast edit: 12/03/2021 00:42

Baalim   Mexico. Mar 12 2021 06:26. Posts 33969


  On March 11 2021 18:26 Loco wrote:
You say he lacks insight but you obviously lack insight into his condition too. You are talking to him as if he had poorly-managed ADHD instead of Bipolar 1. You think he has way more control over his illness than he does in reality. Having a manic episode is not like having a "hyperfocus" episode with ADHD, you cannot direct your energy towards something to "learn to master it". A manic episode is by default not controllable, and not situational. It is not dependent on external circumstances; it cannot be "honed".

You get the basic causality wrong. He doesn't become unstable because he is making poor use of his energy ruminating on bad ideas. It's the unstable state of his biology that is what leads him to ruminate, be extremely distractible, make poor decisions, find no enjoyment in things, have distorted perceptions/grandiose self-esteem/delusions, etc.

Outside of taking his medication as prescribed and reporting to his psychiatrist there is nothing he can do to completely avoid these episodes or significantly alter them any more than he already has.

This is not something that would change even if he became successful by normal societal American standards. There's a high number of successful people who have manic episodes and who [try to] commit suicide. We often see bipolar artists commit suicide at the peak of their careers. There is no amount of self-help, capitalist success/right-wing ideology that will change his neurobiology. This is something he'll have to live with for the rest of his life and ideally he would be surrounded by supportive people and not subject himself to the kind of ignorant, patronizing or ridiculing behavior that he is exposed to when he comes here.



You got me totally wrong, I'm not downplaying his disease at all, I personally know people with bipolar disorder, I meant poorly managed mainly by his psychiatrist, I'm not saying he can control a manic episode obviously, I'm not saying he should go master painting while on a manic episode lol, ïm saying that his delusions of being good at something make him quit activities that migh find enjoyable and help stabilize him.

I don't mean that he becomes unstable because he rumiates on ideas, I said he should consciously try to avoid falling into that to the extent that he can.

I've never suggested him being successful in normal American standards lol, I say he should stop rumiating, stick with things he enjoys and not get discouraged easily when his fantasies of hyper-competence do not pan out and perhaps find a new psychiatrist.

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

Baalim   Mexico. Mar 12 2021 06:41. Posts 33969

So if you weren't having a break down how did you end up in the psych ward being interviewed by 4 psychiatrists?

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

RiKD    United States. Mar 12 2021 07:07. Posts 6968


  On March 11 2021 23:39 Stroggoz wrote:
Show nested quote +



I think advanced calculus is analysis. It's not called advanced calc where i am. There is just normal calc that uses intuition and algebra to make arguments, and then there is calc done rigorously, using logical arguments. That's called analysis. My proof is intro level real analysis.

Usually calc progresses this way:

calc 1
calc 2
diff equations 1 (ordinary)
multivariable
diff equations 2 (ordinary + partial differential)

real analysis
complex analysis
measure theory (more real analysis)
functional analysis.

The analysis stuff is way more interesting, and its a lot like drugs because you get high when you prove things. Analysis is the more 'philosophical' kind of math.

infinity itself is part of the extended real number system. You can negate infinity but you can't add or multiply or divide, ect. That causes problems. These sorts of questions are ignored in normal calc but they are raised and answered in advanced calc. multivariable calc could be taught rigorously but it's unnecessary to use rigor in most life applications. Engineers just assume that planes have infinitely long wings in their math and that's good enough to prevent plane crashes.



Maybe i should have stuck with it. I think i would enjoy the analysis stuff a lot more. I was advanced in maths since grade 1 but i still remember the day that my brother figured out how to do my homework better than i could without a lecture or notes (he was in 3rd grade and i was in 5th grade). I still always enjoyed maths but my brother being far better than me kind of sullied it all for me.

I secretly wanted to do philosophy. I had taken some stupid continental course but the prof was good and the recitation was like nothing i had ever experienced. Most of the class were idiots but the TA was very good. I was too afraid of what other people would think of me so i did not follow through with philosophy. The university made it clear that i needed to declare a major so i had just taken this really great history course and declared history mostly by default. I had 0 desire to be a teacher or a lawyer so in reality all the same people that would have harassed me for majoring in philosophy were now harassing me for majoring in history. I never took any analytical philosophy courses which is a shame. I am very happy that i took a lot of time to study the continental philosophers that i did across the course of my life so far but sad that i never touched analytical philosophy. Seems like something to touch at age 16-21. I feel like i could take my 40s and really master someone like Aristotle but maths is mostly dead to me at this point. Oh yeah, university became a game where i tried to obtain a decent gpa with minimum work so i could play poker, have fun, and graduate in 4 years. I achieved all of those goals! Whhhooopppeee!

Now, i am 37 and try to run out the clock without killing myself. Maybe that is a bit bleak. Most days are ok. I actually haven't had genuine suicidal ideation in a long time and consistently experience joy. My goal is total liberation but i usually end up watching a couple of youtube vids, maybe a documentary, read some things, and flail around a little bit before falling asleep. This will hopefully get better in the middle of April when my parents will be fully vaccinated and i can spend time with other human beings again. Desperate full-employment in May and i will probably be dead by June. My primary care provider suggested i go on disability. Disability is notoriously difficult to get in my state but i think i could maybe barely survive on it so maybe that is an option.


 
  First 
  < 
  3 
  4 
  5 
  6 
  7 
 8 
  9 
  10 
  11 
  > 
  Last 
  All 


Copyright © 2022. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap