https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 102 Active, 9 Logged in - Time: 19:31

Hi guys

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Poker Blogs
 1 
  2 
  3 
  > 
  Last 
  All 
wobbly_au   Australia. Sep 14 2017 17:41. Posts 6528
Hey LPers,

Hows everyone going? Couple of work friends invited me to play beer stakes at a home game so I thought of you.

Hows everyone doing?

I don't have a lot of time but for the people that use to follow this blog the TLDR is.

Married
2 Kids
Went to work as a data scientist
Worked as PM for a listed company
Now founded my own company (Pre-Series A just closed)
SIgned a teenager (OG.ana) into professional esports, got scammed after he won a bunch of tournaments because he didn't want to pay my cut.

Life is a different kind of exciting now, but obviously I miss the excitement from highstakes poker.

If any of you want to connect or play some LP home games PM me.

0 votes
Facebook Twitter
The Last Laugh.Last edit: 22/09/2017 07:20

wobbly_au   Australia. Sep 14 2017 17:50. Posts 6528

Ket, Nolan, Andrew, Baal, list goes on whats everyone doing?

Anyone making 300k every year in cards still? Curious how poker turned out after I left.

Hope everyone is well.

The Last Laugh. 

Stroggoz   New Zealand. Sep 14 2017 18:00. Posts 3576

did you become the perfect human being?

poker is really quite dry and tough these days-check the hand histories section of hands i've been posting of 25/50 crusher's and you'll see how crazy the game has become, I've been doing very well playing on softer sites than pokerstars. Pokerstars has higher rake and no rakeback now as well, lol.

check this memorable hand i posted a couple weeks ago lolol https://www.liquidpoker.net/h/1076365

I was GTO in 2007 -wobbly_auLast edit: 14/09/2017 18:06

wobbly_au   Australia. Sep 14 2017 18:06. Posts 6528

Thats awesome to hear stroggoz. Whats a good site to just casually play? Hows your $/hour looking for the year?

As to whether my ego has ascended into space, not just yet, but I am trying very hard to still be the best at everything I do..

Most of my energy goes to my startup and my kids though.

The Last Laugh. 

napoleono   Romania. Sep 14 2017 18:09. Posts 767

What's your startup about? GLGL with it!


Stroggoz   New Zealand. Sep 14 2017 18:11. Posts 3576

results from 04 july to mid-august, i only came back to poker 2 months ago, i got a 4 year degree while you were away (maths and philosophy)

https://imgur.com/a/wzoKh

I was GTO in 2007 -wobbly_auLast edit: 14/09/2017 18:13

wobbly_au   Australia. Sep 14 2017 18:15. Posts 6528


  On September 14 2017 17:11 Stroggoz wrote:
results from 04 july to mid-august, i only came back to poker 2 months ago, i got a 4 year degree while you were away (maths and philosophy)

https://imgur.com/a/wzoKh




thats monster results!

Dont understand paying to learn philosophy though, but hopefully that was worthwhile for you.

The Last Laugh.Last edit: 14/09/2017 18:17

wobbly_au   Australia. Sep 14 2017 18:15. Posts 6528


  On September 14 2017 17:09 napoleono wrote:
What's your startup about? GLGL with it!



Its called ???? (wont show the chinese characters, english name is gogosu), its a app/website for chinese gamers who want to get coaching or hire a top player to play with them.

The Last Laugh.Last edit: 14/09/2017 18:16

[GiTM]-Ace   United States. Sep 14 2017 20:34. Posts 1551

oG.Ana scammer? Bad beat.

[GiTM]- GoSu in the Making 

dnagardi   Hungary. Sep 14 2017 21:03. Posts 1485

do you make more money now than u did with poker?

why did you stop playing poker in the first place?


Spitfiree   Bulgaria. Sep 14 2017 21:29. Posts 7890

[QUOTE]On September 14 2017 16:41 wobbly_au wrote:
SIgned a teenager (Anathan Pham) into professional esports, got scammed after he won a bunch of tournaments because he didn't want to pay my cut.
/QUOTE]
Hire someone to slap him around, get paid? :D


nolan   Ireland. Sep 14 2017 21:55. Posts 6203

lol sup wobbly.

i randomly encountered an asian with an australian accent a few weeks back and was thinking about you, even more random i decided to check LP today.

glad you're doing well and grats on the kids. kids really are the best!

i'm mostly retired, i live in the woods, i finished a masters' degree recently and have some investments. lately i'm thinking of opening a barber shop just because I can, might even pursue a barbering license.

if you use watsapp or discord shoot me a PM if you'd like. me and my mrs. have actually been considering a holiday in Melbourne for quite a while and if I do ever make it there it'd be fun to grab a coffee or whatever.

On September 08 2008 10:07 Baal wrote: my head is a gyroscope, your argument is invalid 

JohnnyBologna   United States. Sep 14 2017 23:55. Posts 1393

Use to be online mistakes grinder pro on stars/tilt from 05-black friday(2012?) Never quite made it past 5/10.
Now playing 5/10 live at commerce, CA and also building a nice roll on ignition(previously bovada) playing 1/2 zoom poker Lols. Sometimes 1/2 doesn't run and it will be .5/1$. Games have dried up quite a bit. With TV and all the training media. I assimilated and did what I could to survive and stay with the curve and joined the upswing poker crew and now I engage with them on Facebook groups for poker hands n stuff. Haven't browsed lp as much since and just grinding out life.

By doing a little bit at a time, a lot can be done 

K40Cheddar   United States. Sep 15 2017 00:38. Posts 2150

Besides mma/political threads this fourm is pretty dry

GG 

TianYuan    Korea (South). Sep 15 2017 01:18. Posts 6714


  On September 14 2017 17:06 wobbly_au wrote:
Thats awesome to hear stroggoz. Whats a good site to just casually play? Hows your $/hour looking for the year?

As to whether my ego has ascended into space, not just yet, but I am trying very hard to still be the best at everything I do..

Most of my energy goes to my startup and my kids though.


You'll probably think I'm joking but PartyPoker is legitimately a very nice site to play on nowadays...

Hm.. Off-suite socks.. 

PuertoRican   United States. Sep 15 2017 01:21. Posts 10691

Welcome back~

That sucks about the teenager who scammed you. How did you get mixed up with him in the first place?

Rekrul is a newb 

wobbly_au   Australia. Sep 15 2017 02:36. Posts 6528


  On September 14 2017 20:55 nolan wrote:
lol sup wobbly.

i randomly encountered an asian with an australian accent a few weeks back and was thinking about you, even more random i decided to check LP today.

glad you're doing well and grats on the kids. kids really are the best!

i'm mostly retired, i live in the woods, i finished a masters' degree recently and have some investments. lately i'm thinking of opening a barber shop just because I can, might even pursue a barbering license.

if you use watsapp or discord shoot me a PM if you'd like. me and my mrs. have actually been considering a holiday in Melbourne for quite a while and if I do ever make it there it'd be fun to grab a coffee or whatever.



Sounds like the life man~ I use wechat for social media and use facebooking rarely. When you come over send me an email tian@gogosu.com

The Last Laugh. 

wobbly_au   Australia. Sep 15 2017 02:38. Posts 6528


  On September 15 2017 00:21 PuertoRican wrote:
Welcome back~

That sucks about the teenager who scammed you. How did you get mixed up with him in the first place?



I played unranked with him for 1-2 years almost every night. One day i got a message from his brother that he was sucking at school and that I shouldnt play with him, instead I convinced them to let him go pro. We signed a contract that was 10% of winnings until 18 and I would train him and get him into pro teams, I first got him into IG then I got him into OG (arguable best team last season).

He paid me out when he won small tournaments but after he won the boston major he blocked me on wechat and facebook. I CBF suiing him atm because im running a startup.

Such is life aye? Its ok wasn't too much money. 60k USD only.



The Last Laugh. 

wobbly_au   Australia. Sep 15 2017 02:40. Posts 6528


  On September 14 2017 20:03 dnagardi wrote:
do you make more money now than u did with poker?

why did you stop playing poker in the first place?



I'm not making as much as my best years, but overall I'd say income is pretty equal. (Mostly given I have invested my poker money decently) I do however have massive increase in costs due to family and education costs for my kids.

I quit poker because it was unfulfilling and I felt I reached the top of what I could in poker. Black friday happening was a good excuse for me to quit and do something useful in life.

The Last Laugh. 

Baalim   Mexico. Sep 15 2017 04:14. Posts 31590

Hey wobbly, what is your company about?

I continued to play poker, was sponsored by Stars for many years, poker nowadays is tough, the skill keeps going up progressivly I'd say a solid 1knl player today would be the best player in the world compared to like 2012

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

 
 1 
  2 
  3 
  > 
  Last 
  All 





Poker Streams


















Copyright © 2017. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap