https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 102 Active, 8 Logged in - Time: 16:20

Video blog follow up to yesterdays post - Page 2

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Poker Blogs
  First 
  < 
  1 
 2 
  3 
  > 
  Last 
  All 
Loco   Canada. Oct 06 2014 18:29. Posts 18910


  On October 06 2014 16:58 tomson wrote:
Show nested quote +


Does that mean your exchange of words with Joey was out of concern that he's going down a misguided, futile path of vanity that will lead him to suffering later in life?

To me this is not an intellectual debate on the importance that society places on physical appearance. This is a story where a guy shared his views, deep or not, mature or not, positive in his intentions. And he got shit on by you in the comments. You mention humor - I saw cynical ridicule. You say detachment - I saw a man dead set to prove his point. You posted Carlin, but people laughed with Carlin. His comedy was harsh, but you could sense the intentions behind it were compassionate. I'm sorry, but I don't get that feeling with you.



I didn't claim that I care, but maybe deep down I do. Maybe the ridicule is a defense mechanism to prevent me from going insane because I care too much about the state of things. It's not for me to decide and I won't try to sway people to believe one way or another. But Carlin explicitly stated that he didn't care. Listen to his words carefully. He said he had no stake in anything, no emotional involvement. He did not propose solutions and was not trying to change people. You obviously have a false perception of him as well as an incomplete picture of me. But yes, I am a cynical, fatalistic asshole like him. He expended a lot of effort to make you laugh so you give him a free ride, that's all.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken)Last edit: 06/10/2014 19:14

impact69   Mexico. Oct 06 2014 20:08. Posts 247

Edit : nvm

 Last edit: 06/10/2014 20:09

PuertoRican   United States. Oct 06 2014 20:13. Posts 10749

Fuck the haters. Keep doing you.

As long as you're not hurting anyone and you're happy with your life, continue on the same path until you feel the need to change.

Rekrul is a newb 

Joeingram1   United States. Oct 06 2014 21:25. Posts 943


  On October 06 2014 05:52 Nazgul wrote:
You are right that success/attractiveness that sort of thing attracts others that are similar. It's also true that looking good makes most if not all feel good about themselves. For one thing being in shape means your body is more healthy which is good for your mind too, but in general people just enjoy looking good and feeling attractive. I'm also pretty sure that Loco and whoever else that posted cares enough about looks to have an opinion about what sort of looks they like in a girl. Everyone prefers to have a girlfriend that looks good over one that is 300lbs. Nobody is completely unaffected by the interests you described and we all participate in it to some extent.

That said I think that you hit a nerve with a lot of people with those comments. The reason for this is that despite all of this being true, it's almost disgusting how important looks are in our world. Everyone to some extent has to be a part of it whether they want it or not. If you want to find a nice girl you need to take care of yourself. If you want to find a good job you need to take care of yourself. It is something that a lot of people often question. A lot of us would prefer to live in a society that resembles more of a meritocracy. Think of kids at primary school who pick on others who don't look the same/popular, despite the person being picked on possibly working harder and doing better at school. The opinion that looks are basically the way to be part of the "cool" peoples group, is something that causes a lot of harm in society.

I definitely understand where you're coming from everyone is different and has different interests, but I also think it should be easy to see why it may bother others. In the end just be yourself and do what makes you happy.




  On October 06 2014 05:23 ggplz wrote:
Respect dude. It doesn't get more real than sticking yourself out there like that and vblogs are good fun. I dunno, depends how u feel ofc but that 5 min vid took me back to the old prop betting days when you played 50k hands in 24 hours and kept posting on LP. It rocked.

I don't care about the tan posts at all really but I have a few thoughts about it. People are extremely affected by how you look, present and take care of yourself. It's kinda sad but it's the reality of the world and it matters to almost everyone even if they don't want it to. If you look sharp and take care of yourself you have a huge advantage over other people and are more likely to be close to others. That works on guys too (nohomo) as with your friend Asher for example, it made you want to hang out and learn more about his swag, right? Think what other friends/players are looking to you for as well. It probably helps you now on the podcasts + connecting with people and also your demographic is mostly hungry young dudes interested in a bit of banter anyways so it's all fun really. It's good and bad though because it can attract people who only want those more superficial qualities and not the real you. Keep on doing what your doing, it's awesome and lots of ppl appreciate the podcasts.



Great posts, Nazgul you put it way better than I ever could




  On October 06 2014 19:13 PuertoRican wrote:
Fuck the haters. Keep doing you.

As long as you're not hurting anyone and you're happy with your life, continue on the same path until you feel the need to change.



 Last edit: 06/10/2014 21:27

Joeingram1   United States. Oct 06 2014 21:31. Posts 943


  On October 06 2014 17:12 cariadon wrote:
Baiting us in with motivation and then telling us to go back in time and not click on it doesn't really work. I don't know you, Joe, my opinion of you is based on the things you write. What you wrote and the wording you used appeared negative to some of the readers. Taking a few moments to put your thoughts into words can avoid confusion. You are putting yourself, your ideas, emotions and feelings out there for scrutinization. Some people reading will already be dialled in at 9 when they start looking for an excuse to go off and explode. Surely this doesn't come as a surprise.

From the vlog it is apparent that it somehow got to you. Learn to take some banter, usually there's a little bit of truth in the best ones. You are an upbeat guy who is in shape and plowing through whatever you decide to take on. Ease up a little, everything isn't a personal vendetta against you. You put out content that people appreciate and it matters. Perhaps you have something to share with your target audience that will encourage their personal growth like how to get in shape and stay healthy, balancing poker with life, importance of being presentable, etc.




If I post something or make a video blog or do a livestream it means getting to me but when someone else expands much more energy at the same time its banter? If someone is trying to attack me and I respond, you and other guy seem to assume this means omg we are getting to him we are getting to him, lighten up Joe, deal with it etc (ffs this sentence is going to get him to post another 50 sentences I'm not going to read)

Motivation works differently for everybody, I know there was at least one person who read what I initially wrote and it motivated them to look at things a bit different. We ended up having a great discussion about it.

 Last edit: 06/10/2014 21:34

mnj   United States. Oct 06 2014 21:32. Posts 3848

didnt watch the video so don't know what all the fuss is about, but like the hair game


Joeingram1   United States. Oct 06 2014 21:35. Posts 943


  On October 06 2014 10:34 tomson wrote:
When you put yourself out there you are bound to get mixed reaction. I believe it's worth it - when you're being yourself to a point where it's polarizing it weeds out the people you're incompatible with and strengthens the bound with the ones you truly connect with. That's what I think one should be doing in life and in blogging or any sort of media where you connect with people for that matter.

Obviously looks are important to you. There's nothing wrong with that. Some might say your blog post was vain, truth be told I believe it was a bit vain as well, but so what?

If we assume vanity is a display of lower consciousness then posting in someone's blog that that person is vain and then spending time and energy to make that person submit that he/she indeed is vain to me is even lower consciousness.




Great point about being polarizing. I've been reading something I really enjoy that went a more into this idea and its saying I've done naturally I think for a bit of time now


bigredhoss   Cook Islands. Oct 06 2014 21:43. Posts 8579

responding to the part of the video about promoting your blog, image, etc. since i'm the one who brought it up in the other post: i never said you weren't being yourself, i don't think "being yourself" and promoting yourself have to be mutually exclusive things. i also don't think there's anything wrong with promoting yourself a bit. basically it just feels like you're not putting much effort into the content, like being a lazy poorly thought-out version of yourself.

i mean i've posted plenty of blogs that were way dumber than yours, but they were either drunk blogs or intentionally dumb/silly. when you make a title like "Finding Inspiration in Others" you build up some sort of expectation. and when out of all the possible examples out there, you talk about tanning/hair/etc, it really does come off as shallow...because it is. even if they're just examples and not the only things you care about, the fact that you chose them comes off badly.

anyway i'm not interested in getting emotionally invested in some ego war. i thought your blogpost was pretty dumb and annoying, i don't think it makes you the anti-christ or whatever. i've listened to a couple of your podcasts and thought they were enjoyable. you definitely come off better on video.

Truck-Crash Life 

bigredhoss   Cook Islands. Oct 06 2014 21:51. Posts 8579

+1 on great post by nazgul, i wish he would post more on his own site

Truck-Crash Life 

Raidern   Brasil. Oct 06 2014 22:26. Posts 4149


  On October 06 2014 13:20 Santafairy wrote:
sorry but is this a seinfeld episode because once loco joined the comments it's like a conversation about nothing



hhah i dont really agree with it but thanks loved the quote :D

im a regular at nl5 

Loco   Canada. Oct 07 2014 03:37. Posts 18910


  On October 06 2014 19:13 PuertoRican wrote:
Fuck the haters. Keep doing you.

As long as you're not hurting anyone and you're happy with your life, continue on the same path until you feel the need to change.



If you don't expend the necessary energy in the right direction, there isn't going to be a you, only a contrived product of a society in ruin. No one gets to be someone unless they are critical and actively guard themselves against assimilating all the crap they have been fed all their lives.

I watched this movie a couple days ago, and coincidentally this scene is highly relevant to this. I recommend everyone who posted here to watch this to understand where I'm coming from.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken)Last edit: 07/10/2014 03:51

ggplz   Sweden. Oct 07 2014 03:46. Posts 16621

cool, will check that out

if poker is dangerous to them i would rank sports betting as a Kodiak grizzly bear who smells blood after you just threw a javelin into his cub - RaiNKhAN 

cariadon   Estonia. Oct 07 2014 16:48. Posts 3962


  On October 06 2014 20:31 Joeingram1 wrote:
Show nested quote +




If I post something or make a video blog or do a livestream it means getting to me but when someone else expands much more energy at the same time its banter? If someone is trying to attack me and I respond, you and other guy seem to assume this means omg we are getting to him we are getting to him, lighten up Joe, deal with it etc (ffs this sentence is going to get him to post another 50 sentences I'm not going to read)

Motivation works differently for everybody, I know there was at least one person who read what I initially wrote and it motivated them to look at things a bit different. We ended up having a great discussion about it.


You are visibly annoyed in the video blog, did you cry before or after recording it? No use writing further words because you already found the warm embrace of sympathy. You are doing a good job believing what you want to with zero tolerance for any criticism. Drama queen. Oh ffs now Joe will probably send me PMs with "lolololol" and punching people. Thanks for being such an inspiration, peace.


RaiNKhAN    United States. Oct 07 2014 18:20. Posts 4080


  On October 07 2014 02:37 Loco wrote:
Show nested quote +



If you don't expend the necessary energy in the right direction, there isn't going to be a you, only a contrived product of a society in ruin. No one gets to be someone unless they are critical and actively guard themselves against assimilating all the crap they have been fed all their lives.

I watched this movie a couple days ago, and coincidentally this scene is highly relevant to this. I recommend everyone who posted here to watch this to understand where I'm coming from.




nice i liked this clip. i'm "acquiring" this film right now

if you know what i mean

The biggest Rockets, Sixers, and Grizzlies fan you will ever meet! 

Loco   Canada. Oct 07 2014 18:26. Posts 18910

lol cariadon might be the best poster on this site. careful cariadon you might be called a jelly nl2 grinder now.

Rainkhan, be forewarned that the movie is pretty depressing. Solo watching definitely recommended. I'd say essential, even.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken)Last edit: 07/10/2014 18:46

player999   Brasil. Oct 07 2014 21:52. Posts 7965

I like Joe.

I like any tomson post about any subject.

Artificial tanning is gay and ugly.

That's what I care to add to the discussions.

Browsing through your hand histories makes me wonder that you might not be aware these games are possibly play money. Have you ever tried to cash out? - Kapol 

Joeingram1   United States. Oct 08 2014 01:51. Posts 943


  On October 07 2014 15:48 cariadon wrote:
Show nested quote +



You are visibly annoyed in the video blog, did you cry before or after recording it? No use writing further words because you already found the warm embrace of sympathy. You are doing a good job believing what you want to with zero tolerance for any criticism. Drama queen. Oh ffs now Joe will probably send me PMs with "lolololol" and punching people. Thanks for being such an inspiration, peace.




Constructive criticism I get often, someone coming into a post and talking shit isn't that. I like how a person can come say you can't take this/that, then says I cried and calls me a drama queen. Im sure if someone started calling you names like you are doing right now, you wouldn't take it as well without some type of response.I am a drama queen because I engaged in a back and forth with someone who came to add nothing positive to the discussion. I shouldn't have gotten into anything in the first place and I will think about some of the things that have been said and see how I can possibly change my mindset for the better. You guys have inspired me to blog more, thank you for reading in the future

 Last edit: 08/10/2014 01:53

Loco   Canada. Oct 08 2014 07:57. Posts 18910

Because someone was not inspired by your post and didn't thank you or praise you does not mean they were talking shit or not adding anything positive (especially in retrospect). These things are separate. You see those things in a very overly simplistic way because you were only concerned about your ego when you made the post and arguably still are. Not everything is about your ego. Not everyone is either a lover or a hater. The truth is that sometimes people need to hear harsh things which are not pleasant for their egos and which have a positive value down the road if they care to reflect on them. I'm not saying that was my initial intent, though fwiw I did bother spending some time expressing my genuine thoughts on the matter afterwards.

The fact that it made you react at all is positive, because it means there was truth to what I said. No one reacts strongly to things which they know for certain to be untrue. We are only vulnerable when we have doubts, and it's easy to see you became vulnerable. And I know that personally, the people from whom I've learned the most on this website (and elsewhere) have been people who weren't particularly nice to me or at the very least they didn't stroke my ego.

None of this justifies my own behavior in any way, I'm fully aware that mockery is an indulgence of mine and that my style is going to be obnoxious for anyone who is very attached to their self-image. I will not deny those charges but I'm also not going to be pandering to anyone's ego and only provide criticism as if the people on here are young children who need to be treated delicately.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken)Last edit: 08/10/2014 08:10

Santafairy   Korea (South). Oct 08 2014 08:32. Posts 1201

thanks to loco there are more soul reads in joeingram's blog comments than probably in bobby's room

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

Spitfiree   Bulgaria. Oct 08 2014 16:54. Posts 7915

inb4 i get crucified by Joe's fans ( and your blogs/podcasts are mostly fun ) im gonna say that anything that Loco has written is true
if you don't see that you should probably hire a life coach or something


 
  First 
  < 
  1 
 2 
  3 
  > 
  Last 
  All 





Poker Streams


















Copyright © 2018. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap