https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 100 Active, 8 Logged in - Time: 16:19

Video blog follow up to yesterdays post - Page 3

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Poker Blogs
  First 
  < 
  1 
  2 
 3 
  All 
Joeingram1   United States. Oct 09 2014 07:28. Posts 943

while what he said might all be true/false

lol i need a life coach to help me on how to be successful and how to live life? (insert thing iyo i need a life coach for, who the fuck doesn't need a life coach for something )

life coaches have it all figured out? I talk to a couple people who are considered life coaches. I can't imagine what you guys would say in the comments of these peoples blogs if they were open/honest with there thoughts

 Last edit: 09/10/2014 07:31

Loco   Canada. Oct 09 2014 08:01. Posts 18910

pretty sure stroggoz was joking and not making a real suggestion. I think he meant it in a way that if you haven't figured those things out yet you might as well be one of those people who are desperate enough to hire a life coach. of course life coaches are full of shit.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken) 

Joeingram1   United States. Oct 09 2014 08:11. Posts 943

we somehow have found one thing we agree on

having a couple days to think about it, even if I thought your initial feedback was only coming from a hostile place meant to upset me, I still should be able to consider everything that might be said while trying not to let it effect me much if I decide I don't agree with it. I'm sure in the future I will continue to deal with sometimes not the nicest things said but I should get better at the way i take it in/handle it/respond. If not responding at all in the future is best, then I should consider trying that but I do need to remember to keep an open mind no matter what

 Last edit: 09/10/2014 08:16

Nazgul    Netherlands. Oct 09 2014 08:27. Posts 7061


  On October 08 2014 06:57 Loco wrote:
Because someone was not inspired by your post and didn't thank you or praise you does not mean they were talking shit or not adding anything positive (especially in retrospect). These things are separate. You see those things in a very overly simplistic way because you were only concerned about your ego when you made the post and arguably still are. Not everything is about your ego. Not everyone is either a lover or a hater. The truth is that sometimes people need to hear harsh things which are not pleasant for their egos and which have a positive value down the road if they care to reflect on them. I'm not saying that was my initial intent, though fwiw I did bother spending some time expressing my genuine thoughts on the matter afterwards.

The fact that it made you react at all is positive, because it means there was truth to what I said. No one reacts strongly to things which they know for certain to be untrue. We are only vulnerable when we have doubts, and it's easy to see you became vulnerable. And I know that personally, the people from whom I've learned the most on this website (and elsewhere) have been people who weren't particularly nice to me or at the very least they didn't stroke my ego.

None of this justifies my own behavior in any way, I'm fully aware that mockery is an indulgence of mine and that my style is going to be obnoxious for anyone who is very attached to their self-image. I will not deny those charges but I'm also not going to be pandering to anyone's ego and only provide criticism as if the people on here are young children who need to be treated delicately.


It is the adult who mocks people who is acting like a child. Not the other way around.

You almost twin-caracked his AK - JonnyCosmo 

Loco   Canada. Oct 09 2014 10:35. Posts 18910

Oh, please. As if nothing nobody ever says is worthy of ridicule. This was exactly my point; expecting this kind of delicateness on a mature public forum is absurd. Also there is a distinction here and it is that I wasn't mocking him any more than I was laughing at what he said and teased him for it. People encouraging tolerance make it seem like it's actually harmful to laugh at what someone says or believes, whereas in reality it's up to the person to take it personally or not. People harm themselves by attaching themselves to what they said. We are not our beliefs and our beliefs do change over time-- so it's not a personal attack against someone to laugh at one of their present statements/beliefs. I think most people would agree that as adults we can distance ourselves from that whereas children can't, so we do expect children to be treated differently and more delicately.

It's funny to think how easy it is for people to justify our superficiality when it comes to how much we care about appearance because "it's natural", whereas something just as natural-- laughing at what somebody says-- is met with such forceful resistance. It's also quite obvious that I was trying to be humorous more than I was harsh. In fact I think that with only one exception towards the end of that thread, nothing I said was particularly harsh at all.

As the father of LP I guess I understand your position and how you would much prefer the atmosphere of your website to remain harmonious, but I think that you're exaggerating here. "Let's always be gentle and tolerant of others" (except when they are not as tolerant as we want them to be ).

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken)Last edit: 09/10/2014 11:57

Spitfiree   Bulgaria. Oct 09 2014 13:11. Posts 7915


  On October 09 2014 06:28 Joeingram1 wrote:
while what he said might all be true/false

lol i need a life coach to help me on how to be successful and how to live life? (insert thing iyo i need a life coach for, who the fuck doesn't need a life coach for something )

life coaches have it all figured out? I talk to a couple people who are considered life coaches. I can't imagine what you guys would say in the comments of these peoples blogs if they were open/honest with there thoughts



i made my point by saying my opinion first and then putting a troll comment about the life coach, you take things too seriously too imo, doesnt matter how wrong/right Loco is, you could be the shallowest person and still improve and be happy and etc etc. in the end this is just the internet, why would u care so much we re just a bunch of guys that know almost nothing about you, anyways i can say Loco is def smarter and you entered in an argument you were bound to lose in the end,
basically a lose-lose situation since a) you win argument - loco doesnt give a fuck b) you lose argument loco still doesnt give a shit except you do
loco admitted multiple times he s just doing it for the fun, plus he loves poking people and observing their reaction, I being the same person myself except somewhat of an amateur compared to him can say that nothing you say will make you feel like you re on top

 Last edit: 09/10/2014 13:16

2primenumbers   United States. Oct 09 2014 16:40. Posts 199

Fuyck all bitches ain't loyal this freak show world is bullshit

www.youtube.com/RichardGamingo - All of your commentated gaming entertainment. 

2primenumbers   United States. Oct 09 2014 16:42. Posts 199


  On October 06 2014 17:29 Loco wrote:
Show nested quote +



I didn't claim that I care, but maybe deep down I do. Maybe the ridicule is a defense mechanism to prevent me from going insane because I care too much about the state of things. It's not for me to decide and I won't try to sway people to believe one way or another. But Carlin explicitly stated that he didn't care. Listen to his words carefully. He said he had no stake in anything, no emotional involvement. He did not propose solutions and was not trying to change people. You obviously have a false perception of him as well as an incomplete picture of me. But yes, I am a cynical, fatalistic asshole like him. He expended a lot of effort to make you laugh so you give him a free ride, that's all.



Loco your issue is that you are always looking at ghostmen and asking them to stand in for you. Your behavior is natural (and womanly) and until this behavior is brought into awareness, then you may get interested in learning how it functions (in an artful, philosophical way) or you may do any number of other things. I'm already dead.

www.youtube.com/RichardGamingo - All of your commentated gaming entertainment. 

Loco   Canada. Oct 09 2014 16:59. Posts 18910


  On October 09 2014 12:11 Spitfiree wrote:
Show nested quote +


basically a lose-lose situation since a) you win argument - loco doesnt give a fuck b) you lose argument loco still doesnt give a shit except you do



To Joe's credit, he understood this pretty fast I think. It's why he asked me to get on his livestream. I imagine he thought it would force me to give a shit and that he would do better in that environment.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken) 

Ryan Neilly   United States. Oct 09 2014 23:57. Posts 1177


  On October 06 2014 05:52 Nazgul wrote:
You are right that success/attractiveness that sort of thing attracts others that are similar. It's also true that looking good makes most if not all feel good about themselves. For one thing being in shape means your body is more healthy which is good for your mind too, but in general people just enjoy looking good and feeling attractive. I'm also pretty sure that Loco and whoever else that posted cares enough about looks to have an opinion about what sort of looks they like in a girl. Everyone prefers to have a girlfriend that looks good over one that is 300lbs. Nobody is completely unaffected by the interests you described and we all participate in it to some extent.

That said I think that you hit a nerve with a lot of people with those comments. The reason for this is that despite all of this being true, it's almost disgusting how important looks are in our world. Everyone to some extent has to be a part of it whether they want it or not. If you want to find a nice girl you need to take care of yourself. If you want to find a good job you need to take care of yourself. It is something that a lot of people often question. A lot of us would prefer to live in a society that resembles more of a meritocracy. Think of kids at primary school who pick on others who don't look the same/popular, despite the person being picked on possibly working harder and doing better at school. The opinion that looks are basically the way to be part of the "cool" peoples group, is something that causes a lot of harm in society.

I definitely understand where you're coming from everyone is different and has different interests, but I also think it should be easy to see why it may bother others. In the end just be yourself and do what makes you happy.



felt same way for a long time, well said sir.


Ryan Neilly   United States. Oct 09 2014 23:57. Posts 1177

joe we love ur blogs never stop


AndrewSong    United States. Oct 18 2014 08:02. Posts 2336

I wish I knew about this sooner. Just got linked to gomuk's podcasts.. well done joey, ur truly a legend and this is what we needed. I am slowly catching up while listening to your voice to bed


Liquid`Drone   Norway. Oct 23 2014 21:34. Posts 2661


  On October 09 2014 09:35 Loco wrote:
Oh, please. As if nothing nobody ever says is worthy of ridicule. This was exactly my point; expecting this kind of delicateness on a mature public forum is absurd. Also there is a distinction here and it is that I wasn't mocking him any more than I was laughing at what he said and teased him for it. People encouraging tolerance make it seem like it's actually harmful to laugh at what someone says or believes, whereas in reality it's up to the person to take it personally or not. People harm themselves by attaching themselves to what they said. We are not our beliefs and our beliefs do change over time-- so it's not a personal attack against someone to laugh at one of their present statements/beliefs. I think most people would agree that as adults we can distance ourselves from that whereas children can't, so we do expect children to be treated differently and more delicately.

It's funny to think how easy it is for people to justify our superficiality when it comes to how much we care about appearance because "it's natural", whereas something just as natural-- laughing at what somebody says-- is met with such forceful resistance. It's also quite obvious that I was trying to be humorous more than I was harsh. In fact I think that with only one exception towards the end of that thread, nothing I said was particularly harsh at all.

As the father of LP I guess I understand your position and how you would much prefer the atmosphere of your website to remain harmonious, but I think that you're exaggerating here. "Let's always be gentle and tolerant of others" (except when they are not as tolerant as we want them to be ).



I thought you weren't into the whole free will thing..

lol POKER 

 
  First 
  < 
  1 
  2 
 3 
  All 





Poker Streams


















Copyright © 2018. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap