https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland    Contact            Users: 118 Active, 4 Logged in - Time: 07:42

Made an app

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Poker Blogs
Jelle   Belgium. Jan 14 2020 07:30. Posts 3344
Hi all!

I'm studying how to make apps and I put my first one on the apple app store (no android yet)

Please help me out by downloading it!

https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/learn-poker/id1494263170?l=en

0 votes
Facebook Twitter

Zografa   Bulgaria. Jan 14 2020 15:00. Posts 961

hey dude, still mad respect in 2020, have not forgotten your beginners guide, it helped me a lot back in the days

The fish call, the shark raise. 

Jelle   Belgium. Jan 14 2020 15:02. Posts 3344

LOL really? Thank you I appreciate that!


TianYuan    Korea (South). Jan 15 2020 04:18. Posts 6798

! Dude that's awesome, congrats! I only have android tho, b ut once my gf is back from london i'll make her download it :D

Hm.. Off-suite socks.. 

Jelle   Belgium. Jan 15 2020 06:42. Posts 3344

Wow FA you're still here! What are you up to now?

Thanks for that <3


dnagardi   Hungary. Jan 15 2020 08:49. Posts 1656

lol so you are that Jelle

gotta join Zografa here, eternal gratitude for writing that beginners guide. One of the most defining reason why I started and was able to be very successful right from the start at poker.

if I could, I would pay money for this app.


locoo   Peru. Jan 15 2020 18:26. Posts 4548

cool man, downloaded it good luck!

bitte bitte bitte bitte bitte bitte 

devon06atX   Canada. Jan 16 2020 03:33. Posts 5406


  On January 14 2020 14:00 Zografa wrote:
hey dude, still mad respect in 2020, have not forgotten your beginners guide, it helped me a lot back in the days

Same. I remember I first heard of LP from a grinder at nl2 who always had a big stack and had the LP.net avatar.

Came here, found your guide, and it helped tons. So, thanks for the curse man! lol

Alright, back on point.. I don't have an apple phone, but my gf does and has been wanting to learn poker, so this app is a great idea for her, as well as getting real user reviews.

Points so far -

1. When phone is in dark mode, everything is blank - perhaps let ppl know about that issue prior to installation, so they don't dismiss it as a dud app immediately after downloading/installing

2. She liked the interactive part, and especially how terminology is defined as you go (other manuals use poker terminology w/o explaining what it is, or just stick it all in a glossary).

3. She found it annoying that she couldn't go 'back' in a lesson - you have to restart from the beginning to go to last screen

4. The part where there are community cards, and it asks 'which 2 cards make an unbeatable hand' is super buggy. She said you can put any two cards in it and it will say 'correct!'. As well, imo, the wording you're using is misleading here. The board is rainbow, K84 - the 'nuts' at this time is KK, however, a 5/6/7 on the turn/river beat the top set. Again, maybe not a huge deal, but that may confuse ppl.

*update to 4 - sometimes it just gives the response of correct/incorrect, but other times it says why it is correct/incorrect. She said that knowing WHY things are incorrect are extremely helpful - perhaps add more info to other incorrect choices

I'll pass along more of her input as she progresses through the app

edit: she finished the app (w/ the exception of all the dummy hands)

her final comments - 'Still need a real life feel for it, figuring out when to fold etc. But that was super helpful and actually feels like it sunk in. It didn't cover everything (didn't mention nuts), but simplified the game to get me going instead of making it too overwhelming at once'

 Last edit: 16/01/2020 20:47

TianYuan    Korea (South). Jan 16 2020 03:43. Posts 6798


  On January 15 2020 05:42 Jelle wrote:
Wow FA you're still here! What are you up to now?

Thanks for that <3


Playing poker, training judo and.... playing MTG (funny given your last blog post before this one)

Hm.. Off-suite socks.. 

Jelle   Belgium. Jan 16 2020 09:13. Posts 3344

wow devon thank you so much, you're basically giving me beta testing for free - never got so much detailed feedback so it's insanely helpful!


  On January 16 2020 02:33 devon06atX wrote:
1. When phone is in dark mode, everything is blank - perhaps let ppl know about that issue prior to installation, so they don't dismiss it as a dud app immediately after downloading/installing



This one I heard about from previous feedback! The letters on one of the screens were black, and the app automatically sets the background to black as well when it's in dark theme. This should be somewhat fixed now if u download the update for the app


  On January 16 2020 02:33 devon06atX wrote:
2. She liked the interactive part, and especially how terminology is defined as you go (other manuals use poker terminology w/o explaining what it is, or just stick it all in a glossary).



Awesome that's what I'm trying to go for so it's great that she noticed that. I think I'm going to make it even easier at the start cause I think it can still be overwhelming

The first couple of quizzes will just be 5 card hand vs 5 card hand without any community cards, that way I don't have to explain what community cards are. I'm going to get rid of that example hand at the beginning too cause it's way too much information and I can't get it to look decent



  On January 16 2020 02:33 devon06atX wrote:
3. She found it annoying that she couldn't go 'back' in a lesson - you have to restart from the beginning to go to last screen



You mean when you want to go back to menu right? Yeah that definitely is bullshit. You either have to click back like 10x or close the app and restart lol. I will try to fix that but tbh I don't know how to do that yet, so I'm going to start with the other suggestions



  On January 16 2020 02:33 devon06atX wrote:
4. The part where there are community cards, and it asks 'which 2 cards make an unbeatable hand' is super buggy. She said you can put any two cards in it and it will say 'correct!'.



Ahhhh fuck I just saw it That's embarassing. Thank you for letting me know I had no idea!!!

edit: Oh I get it now, I messed up and passed "correct" as the translation for "incorrect", so it says correct when u give the wrong answer... tt that will be fixed soon



  On January 16 2020 02:33 devon06atX wrote:
As well, imo, the wording you're using is misleading here. The board is rainbow, K84 - the 'nuts' at this time is KK, however, a 5/6/7 on the turn/river beat the top set. Again, maybe not a huge deal, but that may confuse ppl.



Yeah I was thinking the same thing but I don't know how else to put it. I guess I'll put "unbeatable for now" or "currently unbeatable"



  On January 16 2020 02:33 devon06atX wrote:
*update to 4 - sometimes it just gives the response of correct/incorrect, but other times it says why it is correct/incorrect. She said that knowing WHY things are incorrect are extremely helpful - perhaps add more info to other incorrect choices



OK that's good to hear, I just left some of the explanations blank text because I was hurrying too much. That's easy to improve so I'll go back and put more explanation texts.



  On January 16 2020 02:33 devon06atX wrote:
edit: she finished the app (w/ the exception of all the dummy hands)

her final comments - 'Still need a real life feel for it, figuring out when to fold etc. But that was super helpful and actually feels like it sunk in. It didn't cover anything (didn't mention nuts), but simplified the game to get me going instead of making it too overwhelming at once'




yeah so far there's nothing about strategy - just what you're allowed to do is fucking insanely complicated if you think about it. I think I'll keep adding quizzes as I go.

I think she's probably the first person to finish it. Thanks a million x!

 Last edit: 16/01/2020 10:26

Jelle   Belgium. Jan 16 2020 09:14. Posts 3344


  On January 16 2020 02:43 TianYuan wrote:
Show nested quote +


Playing poker, training judo and.... playing MTG (funny given your last blog post before this one)


I still love MTG. Any chance you play the old school format where only cards from like 1994 are allowed? I'd like to get into that some day


Jelle   Belgium. Jan 16 2020 09:18. Posts 3344


  On January 15 2020 07:49 dnagardi wrote:
lol so you are that Jelle

gotta join Zografa here, eternal gratitude for writing that beginners guide. One of the most defining reason why I started and was able to be very successful right from the start at poker.

if I could, I would pay money for this app.



LOL I didnt realize my 2007 $0.01/$0.02 guide was the stuff of legend - much love to u <3


Jelle   Belgium. Jan 16 2020 09:18. Posts 3344


  On January 15 2020 17:26 locoo wrote:
cool man, downloaded it good luck!



Thank you much appreciated!


VanDerMeyde   Norway. Jan 16 2020 16:26. Posts 4959

I was a winning poker player at micro stakes from day 1 because of you... :-)

:D 

Jubert69   United States. Jan 17 2020 04:06. Posts 3191


  On January 16 2020 08:14 Jelle wrote:
Show nested quote +



I still love MTG. Any chance you play the old school format where only cards from like 1994 are allowed? I'd like to get into that some day



If you use facebook, there's a group called alpha 40 worldwide. People play each other through skype.


TianYuan    Korea (South). Jan 19 2020 03:29. Posts 6798


  On January 16 2020 08:14 Jelle wrote:
Show nested quote +



I still love MTG. Any chance you play the old school format where only cards from like 1994 are allowed? I'd like to get into that some day


No I play 90% modern and pioneer hehe

Modern goblins <3

Hm.. Off-suite socks.. 

TianYuan    Korea (South). Jan 19 2020 04:11. Posts 6798

Btw are you still living in Japan?

Hm.. Off-suite socks.. 

Jelle   Belgium. Jan 19 2020 14:41. Posts 3344

Yeah man I’ve been here forever now. I have a couple friends who say they used to do Judo as an after school activity ~


TianYuan    Korea (South). Jan 20 2020 04:16. Posts 6798

Cool, I'm going there again in march probably, and am there every 3 months or so, should meet up some time (still in korea).

Speaking of Judo, I lucked out and had an olympic silver medalist open a gym across the street, after my local MMA gym moved too far away.

Hm.. Off-suite socks.. 

Jelle   Belgium. Jan 20 2020 10:45. Posts 3344

Well if you're coming to Tokyo let's hang out


 



Poker Streams

















Copyright © 2020. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap