https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 213 Active, 6 Logged in - Time: 05:16

Honest Appraisal

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Poker Blogs
 1 
  2 
  3 
  4 
  > 
  Last 
  All 
RiKD    United States. Jun 19 2019 05:59. Posts 5499
Hi Guys,

I want to explore intersectionality in my blog tonight. I currently cannot sleep. I never really understood intersectionality and I still might not but I figured maybe writing about it will show the leaks.

Intersectionality meaning everything is connected. For example, I like the idea of carnism being a root evil. It starts with domination and oppression of animals and it makes it easier to dominate and oppress people. The holocaust took strategies from factory faming and factory farming takes strategies from the holocaust and slavery.

It appears the problem either starts with capitalism or rich white males or racism or specieism or sexism. See, it's all inter-related. Feminists like to call it the patriarchy. I just like to call it rich white males. Capitalism sort of formed around rich white males. White males got rich through capitalism and it kind of spiraled into this twisted behemoth that we see today. It's kind of difficult to not be a bit of a twisted soul to make it in capitalism today. So, we have these twisted people running things in this twisted system and it causes a lot of problems. And, one of the problems is the forms of control and changing and getting more devious. The achievement-subject is a project of being an entrepreneur of the self. We are master and slave in one. I try to avoid this like the plague. I honestly try to avoid corporations like the plague too but it's a tough thing to do if you want to eat.



I remember this book had a tremendous impact on the way I viewed life about 8 years ago. It's a great book for budding achievement-subjects looking to burnout or even just live a life of tiredness and undeadness. That is the thing. I don't think as humans we are inherently doomed to a life of tiredness and undeadness. I definitely feel it these days but not as bad as I once did for a large multinational. But, I didn't feel the tiredness and undeadness when I took that month off of work. There was still boredom and restlessness and whatever but there wasn't the tiredness or the undeadness. I am sure those of you who work for a living know what I mean. If you don't know what I mean then tell me how you do it please.

But, this is why capitalism still exists. Because, we are well controlled. We are docile but not in the same way as in Michel Foucault's "Displine and Punish." It's like capitalism and the rich white men have set up this video game that we try and beat. Most of us will fail. Maybe not even most of us on this website which is why it's so hard to see this point. If you are entrenched in the achievement-subject project - the self imposed (best) video game/simulation that fact is obviously going to be a blind spot. The game is made for cis white males. The game is made for cis white males and I failed. How does that make me feel? What about all the others who failed or never had a chance? One of the problems with failing is that there is no alternative. It's like once you step out of that video game which sucks for most people you are still in a video game that sucks. It is very difficult to escape the tiredness and the undeadness as long as one is working for a corporation in a capitalist society. I would much prefer to just linger contemplatively. I prefer that lifestyle but don't know how to achieve it at this point.

It's funny the fact I am intersectional x I have so many avenues for activism and I don't really actively engage in any of them. Maybe, I am still learning. Did Occupy Wall St. even accomplish anything? I suppose we have to continue to fight. That is all we can do. That is a project in-itself. A pure project. I remember a day when I would work 12 hours and come home and check emails and be woken up by phone calls. Holy shit that was terrible. At least at my current job there are no emails, no texting, no phone calls. What are we all working towards? A big house and a country club membership? Come the fuck on. It is bigger than that. It has to be bigger than that.

You know I am not even completely sure that the feminists get it all right with their condemnation of the patriarchy. It's another complex entrenched problem. I took 0 gender studies courses in college though so I really don't know what is being taught in the universities. I took a social work course that touched on it but nothing nitty gritty. And, honestly, I never cared that much about it because it didn't effect me although I was always pro-woman. It's tough. I want to be a feminist but parts of the movement turn me off. At the end of the day I want to get rid of hierarchies, domination, and oppression. I want to be as understanding of all of this stuff as I can be. There is a lot of suffering in this world that can be alleviated if we just work together within our communities and hopefully come together on a global scale to take down some of this stuff.

"We are the children and citizens of the Earth" - Edgar Morin

0 votes
Facebook Twitter

LemOn[5thF]   Czech Republic. Jun 19 2019 09:37. Posts 14738

What the fuck does being white or male have to do with anything lol

Seriously I get it, Americans feel guilty for slavery, near genocide of natives and their fucked up history, so now they are overcompensating.

It's time to grow the fuck up, take responsibility for your own life and stop living in the past though and treat people as people for the good or bad in them individually.

And more importantly, treat yourself that way, live by your own values, do the best with the situation you're personally in right now. What the hell does it matter if you're yellow black white purple or have seven cocks

93% Sure! Last edit: 19/06/2019 09:40

blackjacki2   United States. Jun 19 2019 10:46. Posts 2179

You have a successful father that got you a job in his company and you think your advantages comes from your skin tone? It's actually kind of unfair to all the other white men that weren't born into as fortunate of circumstances for you to lump yourself in with them.


iakim322   United States. Jun 19 2019 13:28. Posts 1332

No point telling him to grow up. Guy is easily past 30. And he just responds to such criticisms/advice by spewing some pseudo-intellectual bullshit to circle jerk himself into rationalization on why he has nothing and does nothing. So he can continue doing that. But manages to bitch about it.

Why has the human race generally moved towards capitalism? Why can't I just sit around, pretend to be an intellectual, and have the same material life as someone who works for it? Why did my parents have me? Why can't I just have my wishes fulfilled? Why is water wet and the sky blue? No I'm not just a lazy, ungrateful sack of shit...you're just not seeing it my way! It's endless.

I think I've figured out what actually bothers me is that it's people like him that give people with mental health problems a bad name thus helping to perpetuate the somewhat negative stigma that exists still. So eager to slyly assign blame while taking no responsibility of his own. Odd sense of entitlement with no awareness of it still.

I've been in and out of psychiatric care most of my adult life. A somewhat common thread is that at various points, I've somehow been incapable of making what should be clear, self beneficial decisions for my life and the people I value around me. Thank fuck that's where it ends. I'm going to end this by going back on what I started. Grow the fuck up


Spitfiree   Bulgaria. Jun 19 2019 18:45. Posts 8740

I kinda stopped reading at "carnism is the root of all evil"


Loco   Canada. Jun 19 2019 19:33. Posts 19860


  On June 19 2019 12:28 iakim322 wrote:
I think I've figured out what actually bothers me is that it's people like him that give people with mental health problems a bad name thus helping to perpetuate the somewhat negative stigma that exists still.



That's a fucking horrible thing to say. He's not someone with BPD/NPD who is going around ruining people's lives and refusing to own up to it. He's writing a goddamn blog because he's restless; he's not hurting anyone.

You talk about him not taking responsibility and blaming others, yet this is exactly what you are doing here, essentially victim blaming. Ironically there is nothing lazier than reducing someone's life struggles to simply being lazy because you can't be assed to ask yourself a few questions and try to imagine what life is like for them. It's entirely self-serving. Incidentally, that is why there is a stigma around mental health, because self-serving ideas about mental illness are the dominant ones.

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable.Last edit: 19/06/2019 19:35

Baalim   Mexico. Jun 19 2019 22:32. Posts 32813


  On June 19 2019 18:33 Loco wrote:

He's writing a goddamn blog because he's restless; he's not hurting anyone.




but you taught us that ideas do hurt people and we can use force to stop them so... #punchRikD

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

Baalim   Mexico. Jun 19 2019 22:40. Posts 32813

so intersectionality taught you that racism, classism and sexism are evil ... so fuck white rich men

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

Loco   Canada. Jun 19 2019 22:52. Posts 19860


  On June 19 2019 21:32 Baalim wrote:
Show nested quote +



but you taught us that ideas do hurt people and we can use force to stop them so... #punchRikD


No, I changed my mind. You convinced me that ISIS suicide bombers are only a problem once they have successfully suicide bombed people. I hadn't realized before you provided evidence that if they were just talking about it, we shouldn't be concerned about it. That was the day where I became enlightened about the value of freeze peach.

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable.Last edit: 19/06/2019 22:54

LemOn[5thF]   Czech Republic. Jun 20 2019 00:14. Posts 14738

It's spelled free speech I believe, and I for one think it's really cool you and Baal finally agree on something and he actually changed your mind!

93% Sure!  

Loco   Canada. Jun 20 2019 01:22. Posts 19860

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable. 

Baalim   Mexico. Jun 20 2019 01:31. Posts 32813


  On June 19 2019 23:14 LemOn[5thF] wrote:
It's spelled free speech I believe, and I for one think it's really cool you and Baal finally agree on something and he actually changed your mind!



Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

Loco   Canada. Jun 20 2019 03:58. Posts 19860

Baal and I agree that this is the jam of the week

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable. 

RiKD    United States. Jun 20 2019 04:44. Posts 5499


  On June 19 2019 17:45 Spitfiree wrote:
I kinda stopped reading at "carnism is the root of all evil"



I said it is a root evil. Dominance and oppression starts with animals. The dominated and oppressed are animalized/de-humanized. Domestic abuse is synonymous with animal abuse. Meaning domestic abusers are first or synonymously abusing pets before/during they are abusing family members. The Nazis were informed on how to build proper concentration camps from factory farming and then in turn factory farming took the updates and efficiency from the Holocaust to better their profit. The commodification of cows for example in all of it's manipulation can also be compared to how labor is exploited. The bourgeois manager can go out and eat a juicy steak and then schedule his employees to work 2 jobs or 2 shifts instead of 1. This last statement is hyperbole but there is a lot of truth to it.


RiKD    United States. Jun 20 2019 04:44. Posts 5499


  On June 19 2019 08:37 LemOn[5thF] wrote:
What the fuck does being white or male have to do with anything lol

Seriously I get it, Americans feel guilty for slavery, near genocide of natives and their fucked up history, so now they are overcompensating.

It's time to grow the fuck up, take responsibility for your own life and stop living in the past though and treat people as people for the good or bad in them individually.

And more importantly, treat yourself that way, live by your own values, do the best with the situation you're personally in right now. What the hell does it matter if you're yellow black white purple or have seven cocks



So, you don't believe that privelege or racism exist?


RiKD    United States. Jun 20 2019 04:47. Posts 5499


  On June 19 2019 09:46 blackjacki2 wrote:
You have a successful father that got you a job in his company and you think your advantages comes from your skin tone? It's actually kind of unfair to all the other white men that weren't born into as fortunate of circumstances for you to lump yourself in with them.



It turns out that wasn't an advantage eh?

And, yes, I think I do have an advantage because of my skin tone and my class.

I don't lump myself in with very poor white males from birth as I was privileged in many ways but does it really matter? I am a poor white male today so....?


RiKD    United States. Jun 20 2019 04:49. Posts 5499


  On June 19 2019 12:28 iakim322 wrote:
No point telling him to grow up. Guy is easily past 30. And he just responds to such criticisms/advice by spewing some pseudo-intellectual bullshit to circle jerk himself into rationalization on why he has nothing and does nothing. So he can continue doing that. But manages to bitch about it.

Why has the human race generally moved towards capitalism? Why can't I just sit around, pretend to be an intellectual, and have the same material life as someone who works for it? Why did my parents have me? Why can't I just have my wishes fulfilled? Why is water wet and the sky blue? No I'm not just a lazy, ungrateful sack of shit...you're just not seeing it my way! It's endless.

I think I've figured out what actually bothers me is that it's people like him that give people with mental health problems a bad name thus helping to perpetuate the somewhat negative stigma that exists still. So eager to slyly assign blame while taking no responsibility of his own. Odd sense of entitlement with no awareness of it still.

I've been in and out of psychiatric care most of my adult life. A somewhat common thread is that at various points, I've somehow been incapable of making what should be clear, self beneficial decisions for my life and the people I value around me. Thank fuck that's where it ends. I'm going to end this by going back on what I started. Grow the fuck up



This post is pretty bad. I have had a long day of traveling and it's not really worth it so I'll give you a Whatever Dude.


RiKD    United States. Jun 20 2019 04:53. Posts 5499


  On June 19 2019 21:40 Baalim wrote:
so intersectionality taught you that racism, classism and sexism are evil ... so fuck white rich men



No, I don't really blame them. Most are pretty annoying though. The systems that cause it all are what is really annoying. Rich white males and capitalism is just a bad loop that happens. The nature of it leads to racism, classism, and sexism and racism, classism, and sexism leads to rich white males and capitalism.


RiKD    United States. Jun 20 2019 04:57. Posts 5499


  On June 20 2019 02:58 Loco wrote:
Baal and I agree that this is the jam of the week




Now, that's some proper sweet chin music. Bravo.


Baalim   Mexico. Jun 20 2019 06:04. Posts 32813


  On June 20 2019 03:53 RiKD wrote:

No, I don't really blame them. Most are pretty annoying though.



"Most black women are pretty annoying" would be considered racist, you have double standards because you see the world through a opressed/opressors lens which just make you huge hypocrites and have to cope with the obvious self contradiction by redefining words, "racism isnt prejudice based on skin color, racism is prejudice + power".

Good'ol horseshoe theory, left and right alike playing the identity game and both believe you have the moral imperative that justifies violence because you are saving the world, maniacs.

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

 
 1 
  2 
  3 
  4 
  > 
  Last 
  All 





Poker Streams


















Copyright © 2019. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap