https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland    Contact            Users: 114 Active, 7 Logged in - Time: 21:17

Show hand : 1095318

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Back Submit a hand   

Handnr: 1095318
Submitted by : Mekanisis

PokerStars Hand #222356316840: Holdem No Limit ($0.10/$0.25 USD) - 2021/01/07 18:06:39 ET
Table Pavo 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: CoolerzzZ ($25 in chips)
Seat 2: vampire131313 ($27.81 in chips)
Seat 3: Mekanisis ($27.65 in chips)
Seat 4: KSR001 ($54.77 in chips)
Seat 5: ScotiS ($25 in chips)
ScotiS: posts small blind $0.10
CoolerzzZ: posts big blind $0.25

Holecards(Odds)
Dealt to Mekanisis AsKc
vampire131313: folds
Mekanisis: raises $0.30 to $0.55
KSR001: folds
ScotiS: raises $1.20 to $1.75
CoolerzzZ: folds
Mekanisis: calls $1.20

Flop(Odds) (Pot : $3.75)

   Js2d7s
ScotiS: bets $1.79
Mekanisis: calls $1.79

Turn(Odds) (Pot : $7.33)

   Js2d7sTd
ScotiS: bets $4.67
Mekanisis: calls $4.67

River (Pot : $16.67)

   Js2d7sTdQs
ScotiS: checks
Mekanisis: bets $4.14
ScotiS: calls $4.14

Showdown
Mekanisis: shows AsKc (a straight, Ten to Ace)
ScotiS: mucks hand
Mekanisis collected $23.83 from pot

Summary
Total pot $24.95 | Rake $1.12
Board  Js2d7sTdQs
Seat 1: CoolerzzZ (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: vampire131313 folded before Flop (didnt bet)
Seat 3: Mekanisis showed AsKc and won ($23.83) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Seat 4: KSR001 (button) folded before Flop (didnt bet)
Seat 5: ScotiS (small blind) mucked AhQh

Also want to share your poker hands? Register an account for free

Comments

Forum Index > pokerhands
Mekanisis   Canada. Jan 08 2021 00:14. Posts 36

How do we feel about the river vbet size ?

Facebook Twitter

gawdawaful   Canada. Jan 08 2021 00:29. Posts 8985

I prob bet bigger, you have As blocked and Js + Qs both on board, we have the effective nuts here.

Im only good at poker when I run good 

devon06atX   Canada. Jan 08 2021 01:01. Posts 5430

shove imo


Mekanisis   Canada. Jan 08 2021 01:15. Posts 36


  On January 08 2021 00:01 devon06atX wrote:
shove imo



I don't have enough bluffs here to shove for value


lostaccount   Canada. Jan 08 2021 02:53. Posts 3482

Looks good imo


Spitfiree   Bulgaria. Jan 08 2021 13:25. Posts 9471


  On January 08 2021 00:15 Mekanisis wrote:
Show nested quote +



I don't have enough bluffs here to shove for value


Overestimating people on 25nl


hiems   United States. Jan 08 2021 18:07. Posts 2060

This combo can probably be used for multiple sizing buckets otr.

Given his preflop 3bet sizing he likely a fish/rec player so reads are important but given he is a recplayer and checks river after taking this line a check is probably pretty unbalanced so I think the small sizing choice is attractive here as he likely has medium strength hands but maybe you can go a bit bigger but the spr is kind of awkward.

Also 4bet pre preflop for the most part not sure what his 3bet% is.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Y0XmF6w.png[/img] 

Mekanisis   Canada. Jan 08 2021 19:21. Posts 36


  On January 08 2021 17:07 hiems wrote:
This combo can probably be used for multiple sizing buckets otr.

Given his preflop 3bet sizing he likely a fish/rec player so reads are important but given he is a recplayer and checks river after taking this line a check is probably pretty unbalanced so I think the small sizing choice is attractive here as he likely has medium strength hands but maybe you can go a bit bigger but the spr is kind of awkward.

Also 4bet pre preflop for the most part not sure what his 3bet% is.



tyvm, appreciate the analysis. Villain had v low 3b freq so I had alarm bells going off with the sizing too throughout the hand.


Nitewin   United States. Jan 09 2021 02:51. Posts 1525

Bet larger on river? What are you bluffing this size with?

edit:
You have As so you aren't afraid of jam, so you could bet larger with less fear.

You could induce a raise and jam on him as a bluff by betting small.

You get less value from his stronger hands that he's 100% c/c'ing with by betting small.


You don't have many bluff combos on the river here. Maybe 88/99, 78dd. When you size small, you are slightly unbalanced in bluffs.

I'd probably bet large with As, and bet small with A non spade with intention of calling raise. Then size my bluffs large.




 Last edit: 09/01/2021 03:08

devon06atX   Canada. Jan 09 2021 06:19. Posts 5430

fuck all that

shove and hope for a call. who knows what villain has (hopefully a set of q/j, obv. not a flush). We all know we make stupid calls all the time over-thinking shit, hopefully this time villain will do so. That being said, there's no way I'd put you on ak if I was in villains shoes. He'd likely put you on a flush (I would), but f it, just push it and hope for a call

I do thoroughly enjoy the level of discussions wrt hands on this site, but man, sometimes ppl overthink the hell out of stuff

edit: a lot of talk about holding As in this hand. Pretty sure we can all agree that in the grand scheme of things that it's not a game changer. Not saying that it isn't at other times, but in this specific hand, it's a moot point.

Aka - I shove a/ Ackx as well. I think anything else is leaving money on the table.

All that being said - I'm rusty as fuck. Don't take my advice too seriously please, dunno if I can even beat NL25 anymore

 Last edit: 09/01/2021 06:28

Mekanisis   Canada. Jan 09 2021 06:44. Posts 36


  On January 09 2021 05:19 devon06atX wrote:
fuck all that

shove and hope for a call. who knows what villain has (hopefully a set of q/j, obv. not a flush). We all know we make stupid calls all the time over-thinking shit, hopefully this time villain will do so. That being said, there's no way I'd put you on ak if I was in villains shoes. He'd likely put you on a flush (I would), but f it, just push it and hope for a call

I do thoroughly enjoy the level of discussions wrt hands on this site, but man, sometimes ppl overthink the hell out of stuff

edit: a lot of talk about holding As in this hand. Pretty sure we can all agree that in the grand scheme of things that it's not a game changer. Not saying that it isn't at other times, but in this specific hand, it's a moot point.

Aka - I shove a/ Ackx as well. I think anything else is leaving money on the table.

All that being said - I'm rusty as fuck. Don't take my advice too seriously please, dunno if I can even beat NL25 anymore



Thanks for your input, I appreciate you taking the time. I will try shoving in this spot and see the results.


devon06atX   Canada. Jan 09 2021 06:49. Posts 5430

It all comes down to how to exploit their range of what they'll call at lower amounts for what % vs what they'll call at higher %s.

There's always been discussion between the differing profitability of big bets vice small bets in these situations (and it's all completely situation dependent obv), but in short, I personally lean toward the big bet side. I find big bets usually get looked up more than the smaller ones (ratio wise of course). Plus, I enjoy fucking w/ ppls heads.

Anyways - you have the nuts here. How you decide to profit is dependent on your image/villain/everything under the sun. I personally shove.


 

All hands submitted by Mekanisis:






Poker Streams

















Copyright © 2021. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap