https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 132 Active, 7 Logged in - Time: 10:17

Finding Inspiration in Others

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Poker Blogs
 1 
  2 
  3 
  > 
  Last 
  All 
Joeingram1   United States. Oct 05 2014 03:02. Posts 943
Hey guys


I've suddenly found myself feeling inspired lately and this lead me to get inspired to write about finding inspiration Make sense??


I think I have underestimated how important it is for me personally to feed off of inspiration I get from other people. This realization came to me very recently when I started hanging out more with my friend who is really into fashion, smelling good, looking good. Everyone is into smelling good and looking good for the most part right? I know I used to be this way for a good period of time but for whatever reason I have not put as much stock into it as I once did. I think the line between wanting to look/feel good and being obsessed with how you look is interesting. I know that when people used to meet me they would say that they thought I was obsessed with how I looked, saying it with a negative connotation. I think after hearing it so many times I started believing that maybe it was a negative thing to want to really look GOOD when it comes to being in shape, how you dress, tan, etc... Now I think I've come to the realization that if you have interest in attracting a higher quality of person in a potential partner (one who cares about these things for themselves) then you should should also. I'm not really sure how you can do this without almost becoming obsessed about it but I think as I get older, it becomes a bit more manageable of an emotion.

After thinking more about it, I made a facebook status update thanking 4 people who I felt like really inspired me over the last years of my life. I've always tried to take away inspiration when I meet people who have some qualities that I really admire, I try to think about how I can possibly be more that way. I'm not sure if this is how most people do it. I think the biggest initial inspiration I can remember is when I met my friend Asher while I was living in San Diego. I was into hair and how I dressed a bit up until that point of my life but after meeting him I realized how fun fashion could be, how much better you could look because of it and that I could style my hair a different way then sorta short/bit spikyish on the top. I also really admired the way he handled himself around a group of people. Up to that point I was a pretty big noob at this and really had no idea (debatably still don't) but seeing the way someone could be in a situation like that really opened my eyes that I didn't have to be such an asshole in a lot of spots. I could talk about the way the other 3 specific people I tagged impacted me if there is enough interest in reading about it.

I'm not sure if this post is more like a "hey you guys should try this" or "hey does anyone else find this happens to them." I think it is a combo of both of those ideas. I think I really forgot just how much other people could impact my own life and got away from it entirely for about a year now. I'm hoping from this point on that I can start finding it again in other people and possibly change the way I am for the better.

Joey

0 votes
Facebook Twitter

Loco   Canada. Oct 05 2014 04:03. Posts 18590


  On October 05 2014 02:02 Joeingram1 wrote:
I think after hearing it so many times I started believing that maybe it was a negative thing to want to really look GOOD when it comes to being in shape, how you dress, tan, etc... Now I think I've come to the realization that if you have interest in attracting a higher quality of person in a potential partner then you should also.



For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken)Last edit: 05/10/2014 07:30

Joeingram1   United States. Oct 05 2014 04:19. Posts 943

Lol thank you for the insight Loco


It sounds like you are taking my statement to mean I'm suggesting this is all that matters to me but I wouldn't know because of your troll reply

 Last edit: 05/10/2014 04:19

fira   United States. Oct 05 2014 05:58. Posts 6199

i listened to your podcast with WCGRider a few days ago, it was really inspirational. made me hella crave playing poker. the way WCG said the phrase "countering your opponent" was interesting and true, esp from a starcrafty POV. and listening to your guys' story was really quite awesome. and da top 5 list :D

seize the day 

bigredhoss   Cook Islands. Oct 05 2014 06:05. Posts 8524

im not sure what the blogpost is supposed to be about but i started jacking off halfway through since it reminded me of when slutty teenage girls posts show up on my facebook feed.

Truck-Crash Life 

Joeingram1   United States. Oct 05 2014 06:23. Posts 943


  On October 05 2014 05:05 bigredhoss wrote:
im not sure what the blogpost is supposed to be about but i started jacking off halfway through since it reminded me of when slutty teenage girls posts show up on my facebook feed.



lol ok



  On October 05 2014 04:58 fira wrote:
i listened to your podcast with WCGRider a few days ago, it was really inspirational. made me hella crave playing poker. the way WCG said the phrase "countering your opponent" was interesting and true, esp from a starcrafty POV. and listening to your guys' story was really quite awesome. and da top 5 list :D




Good to hear If you felt that way about that episode, you probably will feel the same about many of the other episodes I've recorded with various people so far


Loco   Canada. Oct 05 2014 07:22. Posts 18590


  On October 05 2014 03:19 Joeingram1 wrote:
Lol thank you for the insight Loco


It sounds like you are taking my statement to mean I'm suggesting this is all that matters to me but I wouldn't know because of your troll reply



There is a reason why both relevant parts are in bold AND underlined... it's explicit enough, you don't have to start imagining what I meant. I just thought it was particularly funny to associate a person who tans with a higher likelihood of being great. But I'm not saying you're wrong, it might be true that you're probably more likely to find your match if she's/he's into tanning and hair-styling just as you are. Anyway, feel free to ignore me, I am not your target audience.

I felt inspired to make this though.


For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken)Last edit: 05/10/2014 08:25

Joeingram1   United States. Oct 05 2014 08:46. Posts 943

Yeah i think you are taking my general statement and really overstating it lol


It was just a couple examples that are related to looking better, obviously i don't care much about tanning. For some it shows that they want to make an effort to look the best they can and/or they take care of themselves, compared to many people who put in no effort to be there best anything. You seem like the 2nd type. I don't think your making much of an effort to even understand what I wrote, you just see TANNING AND HAIR AND OMG LOL HIGHER QUALITY PERSON= TANNING?? WTF


You def aren't my target anything. I don't really wish to argue with randoms on the internet

 Last edit: 05/10/2014 09:02

Loco   Canada. Oct 05 2014 12:56. Posts 18590

"obviously i don't care much about tanning."

You cared enough to mention it. On a public forum.

"For some it shows that they want to make an effort to look the best they can and/or they take care of themselves, compared to many people who put in no effort to be there best anything. "

That's quite the jump you're making there. People who are not vain don't care about being their "best anything"? Maybe they just have different priorities and are improving themselves on deeper level while the vain person is more concerned about the surface.

"I don't think your making much of an effort to even understand"

Sorry, it's extremely intricate stuff. I might need to read a few books on the subject first in order to grasp it.

"I don't really wish to argue with randoms on the internet"

It's a bit too late for that, big shot.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken) 

handbanana21   United States. Oct 05 2014 13:08. Posts 2991

To each their own. We have been conditioned to love tan skin in the U.S, I understand that fact, yet i always call my girl out if she is looking too pale. I cant really control my surface level thoughts. It just looks infinitely better to me.


Joeingram1   United States. Oct 05 2014 13:13. Posts 943

lol ffs loco stfu


wtf are you even commenting on here for


 Last edit: 05/10/2014 13:17

Santafairy   Korea (South). Oct 05 2014 13:14. Posts 1165

but it's true you're not making any effort to understand what the other guy is saying, you're just taking one thing and blowing it up because it's fun to be combative I guess.

the reason appearance is important is it's hard to rapidly communicate that you care about yourself and being successful/good/virtuous/happy so you have to leave some clues like visual ones for the other apes and they will do the same for you

It seems to be not very profitable in the long run to play those kind of hands. - Gus Hansen 

aernout   Netherlands. Oct 05 2014 13:29. Posts 161

what's with all the hate LP? Joe is just trying to motivate the grey mindless mass out there lol

personally I know you're talking about, I always watch the podcast and it motivates me in poker and helps me grind more. I'm playing 200nl and I'll be taking some 400nl shots soon if I can get some of that podcast rungood going. I might make a blogpost of my success in poker so far, but it's always so hard to find the time to make a blogpost. I wonder how you find the time to make blogposts on a somewhat consistent basis?

I know that feeling about other people inspiring you to look more into other things aside from poker. I'll try to have some of that more into my life soon enough. But I think it's hard to do anything poker without being somewhat obsessive in the start.


Loco   Canada. Oct 05 2014 13:31. Posts 18590


  On October 05 2014 12:13 Joeingram1 wrote:
lol ffs loco stfu


wtf are you even commenting on here for





lol

I'm just a random on the internet, wtf you taking my posts so seriously?

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken) 

Joeingram1   United States. Oct 05 2014 13:33. Posts 943

you must be so well liked


Joeingram1   United States. Oct 05 2014 13:36. Posts 943


  On October 05 2014 12:14 Santafairy wrote:
but it's true you're not making any effort to understand what the other guy is saying, you're just taking one thing and blowing it up because it's fun to be combative I guess.

the reason appearance is important is it's hard to rapidly communicate that you care about yourself and being successful/good/virtuous/happy so you have to leave some clues like visual ones for the other apes and they will do the same for you








  On October 05 2014 12:29 aernout wrote:
what's with all the hate LP? Joe is just trying to motivate the grey mindless mass out there lol

personally I know you're talking about, I always watch the podcast and it motivates me in poker and helps me grind more. I'm playing 200nl and I'll be taking some 400nl shots soon if I can get some of that podcast rungood going. I might make a blogpost of my success in poker so far, but it's always so hard to find the time to make a blogpost. I wonder how you find the time to make blogposts on a somewhat consistent basis?

I know that feeling about other people inspiring you to look more into other things aside from poker. I'll try to have some of that more into my life soon enough. But I think it's hard to do anything poker without being somewhat obsessive in the start.



I've barely been able to make more than a couple blog posts per year using that same thinking. Always seems so hard to find the time to make any post. The podcast run good should be on your side

I didn't really start becoming aware of it until I got out of my 100 percent obsessed with poker stage of life and started becoming more aware of other things not poker related


Loco   Canada. Oct 05 2014 13:57. Posts 18590


  On October 05 2014 12:33 Joeingram1 wrote:
you must be so well liked




I much prefer being disliked for being honest than being liked for all the wrong reasons. It's funny how you expect to get no criticism at all just because this is your blog. I get it, you're a really important person in the poker world and you don't want somebody shitting on your teenage diary kind of posts. I'm sorry I indulged. My bad.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken) 

Loco   Canada. Oct 05 2014 14:00. Posts 18590


  On October 05 2014 12:14 Santafairy wrote:
but it's true you're not making any effort to understand what the other guy is saying, you're just taking one thing and blowing it up because it's fun to be combative I guess.



sorry, I guess I should have talked about the inspiration porn part and also how he likes his hair to be sorta short/bit spikyish on the top. Upon further inspection there were indeed some valuable life lessons and some thought-provoking material to be found in there.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken)Last edit: 05/10/2014 14:04

aernout   Netherlands. Oct 05 2014 14:03. Posts 161


  On October 05 2014 12:36 Joeingram1 wrote:

I've barely been able to make more than a couple blog posts per year using that same thinking. Always seems so hard to find the time to make any post. The podcast run good should be on your side

I didn't really start becoming aware of it until I got out of my 100 percent obsessed with poker stage of life and started becoming more aware of other things not poker related



thanks. I also think it's really hard to be motivated to make any blogposts because of the amount of hate you instantly get once you hit that post button. It's not like people making blogs have any intentions to add anything negative to the community (most of them anyway), so I don't really understand why people post such hateful comments. I guess people like loco just have nothing in their life going on, and they're just mad that you do. I suppose it's just jealousy. It might be just variance in regards of hateful comments in this blogpost.

EDIT: after seeing loco post a reply again, I want to also give a tip. I think the best way to deal with these kind of people is to just ignore them. And pretend they're not even there. I know that's easier said then done, but nothing positive will come out of arguing with people like this. Again people like this are just jealous because they have nothing going on in their own life, so they just go and vent online. The guy is probably on welfare grinding 2nl, and having a bigger postcount than his bankroll lol

 Last edit: 05/10/2014 14:12

Loco   Canada. Oct 05 2014 14:17. Posts 18590


  On October 05 2014 13:03 aernout wrote:
Show nested quote +



thanks. I also think it's really hard to be motivated to make any blogposts because of the amount of hate you instantly get once you hit that post button. It's not like people making blogs have any intentions to add anything negative to the community (most of them anyway), so I don't really understand why people post such hateful comments. I guess people like loco just have nothing in their life going on, and they're just mad that you do. I suppose it's just jealousy. It might be just variance in regards of hateful comments in this blogpost.

EDIT: after seeing loco post a reply again, I want to also give a tip. I think the best way to deal with these kind of people is to just ignore them. I know that's easier said then done, but nothing positive will come out of arguing with people like this. Again people like this are just jealous because they have nothing going on in their own life, so they just go and vent online. The guy is probably on welfare grinding 2nl, and having a bigger postcount than his bankroll lol


"It's not like people making blogs have any intentions to add anything negative to the community"

lol "the community", says the guy with ~150 posts. I'm sure you really care about it. If you knew anything at all about this site and this community you'd probably know that your assumptions about me are all wrong since I've been here for a long time. There is a lot more hatred in your post than in anything I've posted here btw.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. (Mencken) 

 
 1 
  2 
  3 
  > 
  Last 
  All 





Poker Streams


















Copyright © 2017. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap