https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 200 Active, 3 Logged in - Time: 15:33

Honest Appraisal

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Poker Blogs
  First 
  < 
  1 
  2 
  3 
 4 
  All 
Spitfiree   Bulgaria. Jun 21 2019 08:46. Posts 8842

Or it could be that our ancestors had days without food, thus meat was a fast source of stored energy. We were simply trying to survive for the majority of our existence as species, thus it makes sense this is deeply rooted in our instincts now. The urge of sex is pretty different since you restrain yourself but still search for someone to have it with willingly. The oppression of the desire for meat would virtually be a constant - agree that, again, without empirical evidence it makes sense that is way weaker compared to other instincts

That being said, I've said it countless times that I could easily be swayed to become a vegetarian due to moral reasoning, but I'm just hypocritical and lazy to put efforts in that.

Carnism isn't defined as oppression and abuse of animals, but using them as a source of food. Obviously, one goes hand in hand with the other nowadays even for industries that use the animals to produce goods for them e.g. milk, but it's still important to make that separation as the second could be fixed rather easily if efforts were put towards that direction.

@RikD sounds you had problems with your ego and so did your friends. I find that way of life disgusting. Again, quite hypocritical but hunters are just fucking retards imo, all of them. Killing animals for fun and ego purposes is borderline psychotic (Loco probably gonna make an argument of whats the difference between me and them since I consume animals, have thought about that a fair bit). Most fishing men I know release the fish they catch and do it as a hobby which relaxes them, which I can understand to a point and they also do it in a way which doesn't really hurt the fish so minor impact on the ecosystem

 Last edit: 21/06/2019 08:48

Stroggoz   New Zealand. Jun 21 2019 10:32. Posts 4429

experiments in moral psychology suggest it's a natural instinct to make arguments about doing something because it's a natural instinct. I.e we make ad hoc justifications for our moral impulses.

supposed to have greenstar not bracelet 

RiKD    United States. Jun 21 2019 14:38. Posts 5646


  On June 21 2019 07:46 Spitfiree wrote:
Or it could be that our ancestors had days without food, thus meat was a fast source of stored energy. We were simply trying to survive for the majority of our existence as species, thus it makes sense this is deeply rooted in our instincts now. The urge of sex is pretty different since you restrain yourself but still search for someone to have it with willingly. The oppression of the desire for meat would virtually be a constant - agree that, again, without empirical evidence it makes sense that is way weaker compared to other instincts

That being said, I've said it countless times that I could easily be swayed to become a vegetarian due to moral reasoning, but I'm just hypocritical and lazy to put efforts in that.

Carnism isn't defined as oppression and abuse of animals, but using them as a source of food. Obviously, one goes hand in hand with the other nowadays even for industries that use the animals to produce goods for them e.g. milk, but it's still important to make that separation as the second could be fixed rather easily if efforts were put towards that direction.

@RikD sounds you had problems with your ego and so did your friends. I find that way of life disgusting. Again, quite hypocritical but hunters are just fucking retards imo, all of them. Killing animals for fun and ego purposes is borderline psychotic (Loco probably gonna make an argument of whats the difference between me and them since I consume animals, have thought about that a fair bit). Most fishing men I know release the fish they catch and do it as a hobby which relaxes them, which I can understand to a point and they also do it in a way which doesn't really hurt the fish so minor impact on the ecosystem



I suggest you watch Earthlings or Dominion Spitfire. It shows what's really going on and not the nicely marketed and packaged animal products you see in the grocery store. It shows you what's REALLY going on. It's easily to rationalize consuming dairy products or eggs but if you REALLY see the process it is truly disgusting and sad. Not to mention even if the cows were as happy as possible they are being treated as commodities and you are consuming baby cow puss.

A friend of mine just went fishing with his son. They released the fish but the fish swallowed the hook and was super fucked up. So, in reality his son had some joy in catching a fish and now the fish will die a slow painful death. Fish swallowing hooks happens all the time. No matter what it's a traumatic experience for the fish all for some entertainment for the human.

We were just being manly men and eating steaks and powerful, dominant manly men and eating BEEF is another loop. Niggas be watching Conan the Barbarian and turning that line about dominating opponents and hearing the lamentation of their women into an ethos.

 Last edit: 21/06/2019 16:34

RiKD    United States. Jun 21 2019 16:31. Posts 5646


  On June 20 2019 20:07 Baalim wrote:
Show nested quote +



attractiveness has far stronger correlation with economic status than race

I don't hate white people or even rich white people. It's just the way the cookie crumbled. My dad is a rich white male. My brother is a rich white male. I used to be a rich white male (I didn't tell you guys I transitioned.... My new name is Rachelle... bad joke....). I know and have known a lot of rich white males. I don't hate these people. These people are complex beings trying to live The Good Life just like anyone else. It's such a complicated topic. You get raised in this "competitive" world and compete and get told this and get told that and you watch Fox News and read this and that it's out of their control but you can't tell me that Dick Cheney is not an asshole and I could sit here for probably literally an hour listing rich white assholes. I could not do that with poor black women. Even though the amount of assholes as a % could be (probably is) the same. But, what is causing assholes?



  because there are far more white men than black women in the US, theres also a skewed distribution in notoriety making that even more dramatic, but if you made that same excersize im Congo you would get opposite results.... also as a counter to Dick Cheney I give you Condoleezza Rice.

You are judging people based exclusively because of the color of their skin and gender, that is by definition racist and sexist.



It's scalability of harm though. I have heard countless stories of poor black women robbing people for crack cocaine but think about what the Koch brothers are doing. White men rule the world. They are the masters still. That isn't being racist that is fact.

 Last edit: 21/06/2019 16:36

Loco   Canada. Jun 21 2019 17:57. Posts 19987

"The oppression of the desire for meat would virtually be a constant "

I mean, that's silly. I haven't eaten meat or animal products in years, do you seriously think I repress the urge to eat them? Do you imagine that I have wild dreams where I fantasize about it? That's what you'd expect out of someone who is repressing something, or being deprived of something. I haven't been sexually active in a few months and have sex dreams or at least some kind of erotic desire nearly every day, you know how much I dream about animal foods? Not at all. I don't dream about food at all because I eat plenty of it.

It's so easy to test that hypothesis... you can test it on yourself. I can tell you you're imagining something that doesn't exist. We evolved to seek high density calorie foods, period. We mostly ate plants and we have many more copies of amylase genes than other primates because we evolved eating tubers. (Potatos don't run as fast as gazelles, believe it or not.) We don't actually have any physiological adaptation to eat meat. A minority of human beings have evolved the ability to digest lactose and that's about it.

It is just a habit and a cultural preference. Once you lose that habit most people actually find them disgusting, especially if they know where they are coming from. The thing that gets most people off the track is social pressure, it's not some innate desire to be a bloodmouth. 'Carnism' in fact is a term that was coined by a social psychologist who looked at the way we justify those habits and preferences, and it ain't pretty.

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable.Last edit: 21/06/2019 18:07

Loco   Canada. Jun 21 2019 18:12. Posts 19987

Racism is almost always defined by the belief in the superiority of one race over another. It's not defined by "judging people" by making a statement about the generalized privileges of different ethnicities.

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable.Last edit: 21/06/2019 18:13

Loco   Canada. Jun 21 2019 20:12. Posts 19987

for your enjoyment rikd:

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable. 

Baalim   Mexico. Jun 22 2019 02:07. Posts 33001


  On June 21 2019 17:12 Loco wrote:
Racism is almost always defined by the belief in the superiority of one race over another. It's not defined by "judging people" by making a statement about the generalized privileges of different ethnicities.



Intellectual dishonesty 101.



So if someone says: "those cunning jews control all of the media and shape the public opinion, they are the problem"

Is that racist or not?

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

RiKD    United States. Jun 22 2019 14:40. Posts 5646


Stroggoz   New Zealand. Jun 22 2019 17:47. Posts 4429


  On June 21 2019 19:12 Loco wrote:
for your enjoyment rikd:




resonates with me a lot, except i quit my first job after 6months and didn't spend my 20's doing that. I would get this look of extreme disapproval when asking for legally mandated breaks-your not really expected to ask for employers to abide by the law here; that's 'entitlement'.

when i was at university there was this fat guy in my class who would walk to unversity and arrive at 6am. (2 hour walk for him), looked like he never slept at all. He took 5 of the most difficult classes you could take, and worked at KFC for 3-4 hours a week at a random time they would designate with 24 hours notice and sometimes his shift would be one hour long. usually he would work at some ungodly hour like 3am-4am. He drank like 2litres of coca cola every day purely for the caffiene, until someone told him caffiene pills existed. (he told me about this crazy revelation). I asked what his parents did for a living and he told me they were both doctors lmfao.

supposed to have greenstar not bracelet 

Loco   Canada. Jun 22 2019 19:02. Posts 19987


  On June 22 2019 01:07 Baalim wrote:
Show nested quote +



Intellectual dishonesty 101.



So if someone says: "those cunning jews control all of the media and shape the public opinion, they are the problem"

Is that racist or not?




It is a statement that is open to empirical investigation and that carries certain implications. One of them is that there is a colllective "the Jews" that are doing some form of controlling by pooling their power together, and that this power serves a "Jewish agenda". Another is that there is a Jewish cunningness -- as if it was an immutable Jewish trait -- which grants them a certain superiority over others. If it turns out that it's not true (that there is no evidence for it), and instead it's an idea that floats around conspiracy theorist groups and racist groups, then we can safely say that it is racist.

It is in fact the case here as this is a common anti-semitic trope. It's in no way equivalent to saying that being white has been a boon throughout history and so has been being a male and that these boons still exist albeit to different degrees than they did at certain other periods in the past. It also doesn't imply that being a white man doesn't carry its own set of challenges or disavantages in some specific situations.

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable.Last edit: 22/06/2019 21:41

dnagardi   Hungary. Jun 22 2019 20:56. Posts 1633

loco and baal

why are you derailing this blog so much.

you and your endless eternal battles in every thread.


Loco   Canada. Jun 22 2019 21:29. Posts 19987

I'm not derailing this thread right now, carnism and racism are the focus of this blog entry. Baal is the one who did the derailing early on by bringing up something completely unrelated to the blog. I don't like to be misrepresented so I replied but you're right if you're saying I shouldn't have.

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable.Last edit: 22/06/2019 21:34

Baalim   Mexico. Jun 23 2019 00:46. Posts 33001


  On June 22 2019 18:02 Loco wrote:

It is a statement that is open to empirical investigation and that carries certain implications. One of them is that there is a colllective "the Jews" that are doing some form of controlling by pooling their power together, and that this power serves a "Jewish agenda".



a collective "white men" that are doing some form of controlling by pooling their power together and that this powe serves the patriarchy.

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

Loco   Canada. Jun 23 2019 01:31. Posts 19987

What they do serves the systems that have favoured them, yes. The degree to which this is conscious and organized around is highly debatable. It's only really easy to observe in white nationalist and supremacist circles. Far-right women sometimes come out to say how poorly they have been treated by the men they previously adored.

Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable. 

RiKD    United States. Jun 23 2019 23:09. Posts 5646

A little piece of Antifa history and what can we learn from it?


Loco   Canada. Jun 24 2019 00:47. Posts 19987

That's some good Toronto antifa history. Meanwhile today in Toronto:




Those who make a peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable.Last edit: 24/06/2019 00:53

LemOn[5thF]   Czech Republic. Jun 24 2019 13:02. Posts 14809


  On June 22 2019 19:56 dnagardi wrote:
loco and baal

why are you derailing this blog so much.

you and your endless eternal battles in every thread.


I can actually feel a lot of repressed sexual energy between them, chances are they are both rock hard every time they see the other mention them in their post!

93% Sure!  

RiKD    United States. Jun 25 2019 00:54. Posts 5646


  On June 23 2019 23:47 Loco wrote:
That's some good Toronto antifa history. Meanwhile today in Toronto:


+ Show Spoiler +





Baalim   Mexico. Jun 26 2019 03:37. Posts 33001


  On June 24 2019 12:02 LemOn[5thF] wrote:
Show nested quote +


I can actually feel a lot of repressed sexual energy between them, chances are they are both rock hard every time they see the other mention them in their post!


Loco can only get erect in a fur suit

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

 
  First 
  < 
  1 
  2 
  3 
 4 
  All 



Copyright © 2019. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap