https://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 76 Active, 8 Logged in - Time: 05:31

Pokerstars RB change again *soon*

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > General
 1 
  2 
  > 
  Last 
  All 
CamilaPunt   Brasil. Apr 03 2017 16:44. Posts 2282

e-mail i got today:

Today we published an article about how we are modernising our rewards program and the new direction we are taking. The new program will be a fundamental shift in how we reward players.

We are replacing our current monthly rakeback model with one that will take into account a variety of factors including volume, stakes, frequency of play and net deposits. Based on your previous play, you will likely be significantly impacted by the new changes. We cannot give you an exact figure, but in the most extreme cases some players will receive up to 85% less than under the previous program.

We are mindful of the significance of these changes and the negative impact they may have on you, and are communicating these changes now so that impacted players can plan accordingly. The article goes into more depth about the reasons why we are changing our rewards program, and can be viewed here.

We’ll continue to update you when more information is available regarding a specific launch date for the new rewards program in your area.
Regards,
Stars VIP Club

rb change article

Facebook Twitter
 Last edit: 03/04/2017 16:48

traxamillion   United States. Apr 03 2017 17:41. Posts 10274

Yea this has been coming


TimDawg    United States. Apr 03 2017 18:04. Posts 10157

translation: we want to inform you of the upcoming thievery that will happen so you won't be as mad as if we just stole your money without warning (like last time!). Thank you for your understanding and we do NOT value or give a shit about your opinions whatsoever!

Love,
Stars

online bob is actually a pretty smart person, not at all like the creepy fucker that sits in the sofa telling me he does nasty shit to me when im asleep - pinball 

ClouD87   Italy. Apr 03 2017 21:41. Posts 522

Phil Galphond save us pls


whamm!   Albania. Apr 04 2017 01:17. Posts 11604

Next comes the subscription model on top of paying the rake for winning players who don't deposit on the reg.
They could just say fuck you stop playing


okyougosu   Russian Federation. Apr 04 2017 01:42. Posts 960

what ps managers do is plain stupid
get rid of most regs to make fish.... stop losing and some even cash out instead of constantly depositing funds while game volume drop down

Lammerman 

whamm!   Albania. Apr 04 2017 02:56. Posts 11604

I think theyd rather have deposits than rake because they've turned the business model into a ponzi scheme instead of a poker room


Baalim   Mexico. Apr 04 2017 02:59. Posts 31469


  On April 04 2017 01:56 whamm! wrote:
I think theyd rather have deposits than rake because they've turned the business model into a ponzi scheme instead of a poker room



A ponzi scheme? how so?

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

Baalim   Mexico. Apr 04 2017 03:02. Posts 31469


  On April 03 2017 17:04 TimDawg wrote:
translation: we want to inform you of the upcoming thievery that will happen so you won't be as mad as if we just stole your money without warning (like last time!). Thank you for your understanding and we do NOT value or give a shit about your opinions whatsoever!

Love,
Stars



charging more for a product or service isn't thievery you are free to take your business elsewhere if you disagree with the price.


Its an interesting mechanic and ultimately the characteristic selfish nature of most poker players will be our doom, if they charge more rake, the reg volume goes down, which means the games are juicier and the regs go back and I dont have the numbers to back this up at all, but I dont feel any demise in reg traffic at all despise we are getting squeezed every turn.

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro OnlineLast edit: 04/04/2017 03:18

FullBRing   Philippines. Apr 04 2017 04:25. Posts 559

Baal ultimately trying to defend his golden ticket. LAL


goose58   United States. Apr 04 2017 07:18. Posts 869

They just made the game harder for everyone(more aggro, competitive, tighter, not as many flops seen), less enjoyable to the recs, weaker players will lose more over the long run (tougher/tighter games will shred fish and every pot a fish wins will be worth less than before)


o well


TianYuan    Korea (South). Apr 04 2017 07:26. Posts 6701

This email is obviously a load of horse shit but I think they SHOULD be changing their rewards program, and doing a lot of things to modernise the experience (more twitch integration, more daily quests etc, more avatar stuff, just more f2p type game cosmetic shit, create some rakefree twitch-streamed tables and get some people to cast those games on twitch withh holecards (and delay) etcetcetcetc).

But they wont do any of that so this will basically be the players shouldering the entirety of the burden of their shrinking market I guess.

Would still be almost OK with it if they finally adjusted PLO rake to be level with NL... -_-

I really don't want to play non-stars sites but might have to look into it more. I value zoom so highly, just lets me play 3-4 hours, review and run some sims, then spend the rest of the day studying and at gym without having to sit and wait for games to run.

Hm.. Off-suite socks..Last edit: 04/04/2017 07:28

Spitfiree   Bulgaria. Apr 04 2017 08:24. Posts 7808


  On April 04 2017 02:02 Baalim wrote:
Show nested quote +



charging more for a product or service isn't thievery you are free to take your business elsewhere if you disagree with the price.


Its an interesting mechanic and ultimately the characteristic selfish nature of most poker players will be our doom, if they charge more rake, the reg volume goes down, which means the games are juicier and the regs go back and I dont have the numbers to back this up at all, but I dont feel any demise in reg traffic at all despise we are getting squeezed every turn.


He s also free to call them whatever they want. Thieves is indeed prob a bad description. Idiots that are killing the market even more is a better one.

Let's see what Galfond does. It was already obvious that PS will do everything they can to fuck players of any sort to increase the winnings of shareholders. Don't know why they continue with those moves when they are not working though, have to be quite the imbecile.


cariadon   Estonia. Apr 04 2017 18:14. Posts 3925

It is VERY OBVIOUS pokerstars is cashing out. You can't expect the rake to stay juicy forever. Deposits drive the engine, cashouts slow it down. Fish deposit, regulars cash out. Fairly simple. What kind of market share does PS have? I'd guess they are in a state of monopoly and this is exactly what monopolies can get away with.


whamm!   Albania. Apr 05 2017 01:32. Posts 11604


  On April 04 2017 01:59 Baalim wrote:
Show nested quote +



A ponzi scheme? how so?


That they value deposits more than actual yield of the raked games (aka actual revenue). But I think this is just compliance with shareholder interest being a listed company now, quarterly pressures if not met are then forcing them to cut costs at player's expense since marketing for fresh players is not within their complete control. Online casino/ sports betting is what I guess they will be doing with the site soon. Mom and Pop Pokerstars with Lee Jones was a dream scenario and we didn't even realize it, the owners are already being paid 20x min what the company is worth now so they dont even care about reg player's concerns.


FullBRing   Philippines. Apr 05 2017 04:47. Posts 559

Won't be for 1st Q2017 but it's still happening apparently !

 Last edit: 05/04/2017 04:48

Baalim   Mexico. Apr 05 2017 07:29. Posts 31469


  On April 04 2017 03:25 FullBRing wrote:
Baal ultimately trying to defend his golden ticket. LAL



I'm not sponsored anymore LAL

I should change my signature...

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

Baalim   Mexico. Apr 05 2017 07:31. Posts 31469


  On April 04 2017 07:24 Spitfiree wrote:
Show nested quote +



He s also free to call them whatever they want. Thieves is indeed prob a bad description. Idiots that are killing the market even more is a better one.

Let's see what Galfond does. It was already obvious that PS will do everything they can to fuck players of any sort to increase the winnings of shareholders. Don't know why they continue with those moves when they are not working though, have to be quite the imbecile.



And in what point did I say that he is forbidden to call them anything? of course he is free to do whatever he wants -_-

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

Baalim   Mexico. Apr 05 2017 07:35. Posts 31469


  On April 05 2017 00:32 whamm! wrote:
Show nested quote +



That they value deposits more than actual yield of the raked games (aka actual revenue). But I think this is just compliance with shareholder interest being a listed company now, quarterly pressures if not met are then forcing them to cut costs at player's expense since marketing for fresh players is not within their complete control. Online casino/ sports betting is what I guess they will be doing with the site soon. Mom and Pop Pokerstars with Lee Jones was a dream scenario and we didn't even realize it, the owners are already being paid 20x min what the company is worth now so they dont even care about reg player's concerns.



I dont think you understand what a Ponzi scheme is.

But I think you are right that this is mostly driven by quarterly performance goals and that is the price a company pays when it goes public, its all about stock value, maximizing profits and shaving off expenses and the long term goal is lost in this.

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro Online 

northsails   Bulgaria. Apr 05 2017 09:04. Posts 409

Don't know why people feel like pokerstars changes are not working for them. It is clear they are working and that is why they are doing it. The less regs there are in the game, the more profits they get for themselves. A breakeven/ slightly losing rakeback grinder is not good for them, because he is still taking money off the fish and cashing it out. If he is not there to do so recs will eventually lose all its money to better regs/ rake/casino/sporstbook and all their other promos and games. Of course that does not mean that games are better for recs now. Bumhunting is on a whole new level now, as I never see tables at 200 - 600 nl running without fish in and once it busts or even sitout the whole table sits out. That can't be good for the fun player experience and used to be happening more on just higher stakes. Now it happens all across the board. I fully expect stars to remove normal tables in near future also, though.

And Phil Galfond's site while being a good idea imo is doomed to fail, simply because it will not be able to attract fun and rec players on its platform. It does not matter if they have great program with small rake, when there is no fish, there is no party and an eco system with mostly pros is simply unsustainable.


 
 1 
  2 
  > 
  Last 
  All 





Poker Streams


















Copyright © 2017. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap