LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 146 Active, 8 Logged in - Time: 21:35

Tax HELP!!!! (Bad Beat Jackpot)

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Main Poker
Zadan   Canada. Sep 11 2016 07:51. Posts 964

Hi im canadian and I'm visiting in the states and just won table share of the bad beat jackpot at a casino. They are asking for my social number and US ID which I obviously don't have. And said I'm gonna to get taxed 37% on it, 30% federal, 7% state. My question is just how do I get this money back I've heard there are ways.


Facebook Twitter
 Last edit: 11/09/2016 12:33

FrinkX   United States. Sep 11 2016 08:17. Posts 7411

from what ive heard u need a lawyer or someone to go after it for you. i heard its a pain in the butt, prob can find info on 2+2 about it. i doubt it'll be worth it for u to go after it

bitch on a pension suck my dong 

Highcard   Canada. Sep 11 2016 09:52. Posts 5415

i am pretty sure the 1st page of google search will tell you everything

I have learned from poker that being at the table is not a grind, the grind is living and poker is how I pass the time 

PoorUser    United States. Sep 11 2016 13:00. Posts 7359

takes about a year to get it back. need lawyer. depends on how much to be worth it

Moneys gotta go in here 

Zadan   Canada. Sep 12 2016 08:54. Posts 964

thanks for the responses

traxamillion   United States. Sep 12 2016 21:30. Posts 10332

sucks you need a lawyer to get back money that is rightfully yours. USA bullshit seizure/tax laws. government are some fucking thiefs here

YoMeR   United States. Sep 15 2016 23:43. Posts 12369

sorry for your loss.

eZ Life. 

YoMeR   United States. Sep 15 2016 23:43. Posts 12369

also FU govt

eZ Life. 

Baalim   Mexico. Sep 16 2016 11:27. Posts 31899

A friend won a WSOP bracelet and about 1M, they took 300k for taxes, after years of lawyers, not a penny back afaik lol.

Maybe you can get somebody to use his ID and claim the prize and tip him big, although he could just take the money if he is an asshole lol

Ex-PokerStars Team Pro OnlineLast edit: 16/09/2016 11:29

NMcNasty    United States. Sep 16 2016 15:15. Posts 1909

From what I'm reading you're just plain screwed. The best you can do is deduct US losses from your winnings and you have to fill out a special form for that.

Interestingly, if you played craps, blackjack, roulette, or the big-6 wheel, you don't have to pay any tax.

Rinny   United States. Sep 17 2016 03:38. Posts 580

  On September 15 2016 22:43 YoMeR wrote:
also FU govt

They just stole a bunch of money for us in the USA dude. It's probably a whole half a second of the Iraq war we don't have to pay off.


Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap