Well, that didn't happen for quite long time -
this weekend PokerStars celebrated their 12th Anniversary of PokerStars Sunday Million and had guaranteed a whopping $10 million prize pool for the anniversary tournament.
Usually it's been a common occurence for the online poker leader to reach their guaranteed prize pools, but this time around it missed the mark by 6,025 entries, or $1,205,000 in cold hard cash.
PokerStars and the remaining Team PokerStars tried to get the word out via Twitter, realising what's going on. I didnt help the situation that much though.
Eventually, just under 44,000 entries were made, leaving PokerStars to pay up the remaining $1,205,000. The general consensus appears to be that the overlap with the Super Bowl weekend resulted PokerStars to miss its guarantee for this tournament.
Whatever the reason for the overlay might have been, a small-stakes player from Brazil, "Hulk9950", was undoubtedly more than happy to collect the $960,000 first-place prize after it was all done and dusted.
12th Anniversary Sunday Million ($215 NL Hold'em) results
Entrants: 43,975 (34,274 entries, 9,701 re-entries)
Total prize pool: $10,000,000
Places paid: 7,334
1. Hulk9950 (Brazil) $960,000*
2. kapchin (Bulgaria) $707,574*
3. Sasuke234 (Sweden) $640,000*
4. moutsoun75 (Greece) $391,554
5. kiwis1966 (Romania) $284,150
6. zelikzelik8 (Russia) $206,207
7. FrCnnctn1960 (Malta) $149,644
8. botteonpoker (Brazil) $108,596
9. oddscompile (Romania) $78,808
* - denotes results of a three-way deal leaving $200,000 for the winner