PokerStars today announced the first annual All-Star Showdown, bringing together eight of poker’s biggest stars battling it out to earn bragging rights as the best heads-up No-Limit Hold’em player in the world.
From October 27 until November 4, eight players will put $100,000 on the line to play in an 8-player, heads-up single elimination tournament. The winner will pocket more than $500,000 and the first All-Star Showdown trophy.
Recent PokerStars Team Online signing Isaac Haxton said “I’m excited to start my tenure with Team PokerStars with the chance to win a big title and a lot of money in my favourite form of poker. There are no titles or champions in heads-up cash games, just winners and losers. This tournament will change that by crowning the first All-Star Showdown champion.”
All-Star Showdown Format
· Prior to the first match, tournament seeding will be determined by a random draw. After the initial draw players will progress through a single-elimination tournament.
· The matches will take place at 18:00 CET from October 27 - November 4, with a break in play on October 29 and November 1. The final will be on November 4.
· Matches will be played simultaneously over four heads-up tables.
· Each $100,000 buy-in is spread evenly over four tables with blinds starting at $50/100.
· Blinds will double after every 3,000 hands played.
· The match ends when a player busts on all four tables.