http://www.liquidpoker.net/


LP international Poland latinoamerica Iceland    Contact            Users: 237 Active, 26 Logged in - Time: 17:04
Poker News










LP Pokerstars Avatars:



Travels! Any Madrid/SA ppl here?

New to LiquidPoker? Register here for free!
Forum Index > Poker Blogs
 1 
  2 
  > 
  Last 
  All 
Ket    United Kingdom. Jan 10 2012 22:36. Posts 8635
Hi guys. Happy 2012! Let's achieve our goals this year!

So earlier today I booked a last minute trip for 3 weeks from next week because why not. I'm headed towards South America and am gonna meet up with a small group of close mates that already out there, including my housemate Tom who prob needs no introduction on here. Pretty excited for the trip, here's my rough itinerary:


- Tues 17 Jan fly from London in the morning to Madrid. It's a connecting flight to Buenos Aires but I did it in such a way that I should have a day to quickly check out Madrid. Are there any LPers in Madrid who wanna meet up for dinner/a beer/show me around a bit next Tuesday? That would be awesome if so! Pls msg me asap!





- A week in Buenos Aires, Argentina from Jan 18th-24th





- ????????????? from Jan 24th to Jan 28th. Haven't decided yet. My friends are going to Rurrenabaque to mess about in a jungle. As I hate bugs I think I would enjoy that about as much as Karl Pilkington did on An Idiot Abroad. I may just suck it up and join them for the experience and to say I did it. Open to any suggestions, anything unmissable? Next stop is in Peru so was considering Lima on the shortlist for this slot of time, any LPers in Lima who wanna show me around? locoo is that where u are?





- Get to Cusco, Peru on 29th. Check out the sights there for a couple of days, acclimatise to the altitude a bit. Then a 4 day jungle route (ffs no bugs plz) to Machu Picchu including downhill biking, rafting, 2 days trekking and last day hike up to MP itself. Looking really forward to this except for bugs. One rest day in Cusco after this before...





- 5th Feb fly to La Paz, Bolivia to ride a bicycle down something called Death Road.





- 7th Feb be happy to be still alive (one time) and hightail it back to London.





Would love as much feedback as I can get about any part of any of this. For example, what can you do in half a day in Madrid? What shouldn't we miss in Buenos Aires? What are some things I should consider doing to fill in "??????????"?

CHEERS




0 votes
 Last edit: 10/01/2012 22:50

RaiNKhAN    United States. Jan 10 2012 22:44. Posts 3936

not only are there bugs in the jungle, there are even these:

+ Show Spoiler +

The biggest Rockets, Sixers, and Grizzlies fan you will ever meet! 

tutz   Brasil. Jan 10 2012 22:53. Posts 2025

so you are coming all the way from europe arent gonna come to brazil?


Ket    United Kingdom. Jan 10 2012 22:57. Posts 8635


  On January 10 2012 22:53 tutz wrote:
so you are coming all the way from europe arent gonna come to brazil?


Lol you're right. My friends are in Rio right now and have been for a while. They're absolutely loving it and I def feel like I missed out by not joining them from the start.. fail. However, while they were there over new years I did instead get in a really cool trip to Istanbul (Turkey), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Belgrade (Serbia)^_^


tapatapaz   Brasil. Jan 10 2012 23:06. Posts 1257

best place in south america (if you have good taste) right now is Punta Del Este, in Uruguay. i was there last week and Mark Zuckerberg himself had just arrived to stay for a week.
i went there for the last 3 NYEs, and ive been to most countries where they say girls are pretty, even all over scandinavia, and this is the best place BY A MILE. it filters all of the best mixtures of european genes from argentina, uruguay and brazil and the girls are very diversified and stylish, they even dress good. it has really good food and good things to look at, like architecture.

so, just a tip, i know you have only a few days and its out of your course, but if anyone reads this, i will know that ive done my share of good karma for the day for letting them know about this place

And what does self awareness have to do with anything you retard? srsly stfu. - baalLast edit: 10/01/2012 23:07

bigredhoss   Cook Islands. Jan 10 2012 23:27. Posts 7848

JEALOUS

Truck-Crash Life 

Silver_nz   New Zealand. Jan 10 2012 23:54. Posts 5504

Because why not, indeed

Sounds great, yep, get good advice and keep a quiver full of things to do in each place


D_Zoo   Canada. Jan 11 2012 00:55. Posts 4012

looks awesome Ketter, have a blast and post updates/pics!!

You aint a poet ur just a drunk with a pen 

impact69   Mexico. Jan 11 2012 00:59. Posts 126

machupicchu is nuts, went there last april for the LAPT Peru

No bugs btw, or snakes


MiPwnYa    Brasil. Jan 11 2012 05:07. Posts 4606

WHY U NO COME TO RIO -.-


kingpowa   France. Jan 11 2012 06:52. Posts 1525

Which path will you take to Machu Pichu ? Taking the train sucks, better go walking, but the "Inca Trail" is full of tourists and you have to plan it in advance (reservation). You can go there with a three or 4 day walk going by the Salcantay starting at Mollepata and getting to hidroelectrica and then Agua Calientes.
Either way, Machu Pichu is really beautiful. I heard it changed and you now have to book in advance to go the Huayna Pichu. (you have to do it !) So check it in Cusco.
Lima doesn't really have any interest if you compare it with Cusco or La Paz which have a really nice atmosphere. I personally love lake Titicaca, so if you can go to Puno and then Isla taquile on the lake for example, you could consider it (for the few days you don't know what to do).
La Paz is a great city and Death road is funny as hell

Enjoy !

sorry for shitty english. 

nolan   Ireland. Jan 11 2012 10:35. Posts 6017


  On January 10 2012 23:06 tapatapaz wrote:
best place in south america (if you have good taste) right now is Punta Del Este, in Uruguay. i was there last week and Mark Zuckerberg himself had just arrived to stay for a week.
i went there for the last 3 NYEs, and ive been to most countries where they say girls are pretty, even all over scandinavia, and this is the best place BY A MILE. it filters all of the best mixtures of european genes from argentina, uruguay and brazil and the girls are very diversified and stylish, they even dress good. it has really good food and good things to look at, like architecture.

so, just a tip, i know you have only a few days and its out of your course, but if anyone reads this, i will know that ive done my share of good karma for the day for letting them know about this place



agreed sort of. i don't know about the girls having the best style. everyone (and i mean everyone) wears clothing that is earthtones or black only. if you have a light blue or any colorful clothes at all you stick out like a sore thumb, its quite strange. anyways, it's a really cool beach town and uruguay is easily one of the nicest places i've ever been. i believe you can take a boat over from BA really cheap/quickly and I'd recommend doing so if you're up for it. Even for a short beach trip it would be nice.

On September 08 2008 10:07 Baal wrote: my head is a gyroscope, your argument is invalid 

locoo   Peru. Jan 11 2012 10:44. Posts 4393

asdfsdafdsfdsafdasfadsf, as tutz said Punta del Este is amazing for vacations, very exclusive, but it's just beach party and beautiful girls I think you wanna do some tourism, some dangerous shit and also get to know cultures, there's nothing of that in Pta del Este so don't bother.

I'm gonna be in the fkin US from the 23rd or 26th this month, still not sure but will know today or tomorrow, if it's 26th you should definetly come by i'll take good care of you! it's summer here so we could go to beach house, eat our awesome food, party with my awesome friends, we could get you setup and ready physical and mentally for Cuzco which is amazing too. I'll report back with my own flight date!

bitte bitte bitte bitte bitte bitte 

Highcard   Canada. Jan 11 2012 12:43. Posts 5120

My friends went to Peru last year and helped build some school, then hiked to Machu Picchu, where they proceeded to shit and vomit themselves nearly to death from food poisoning/bugs. The 1-2 month trip they said was fun but when/if you get sick, it's hell on earth so good luck staying healthy and have fun.

I have learned from poker that being at the table is not a grind, the grind is living and poker is how I pass the time 

impact69   Mexico. Jan 11 2012 15:49. Posts 126


  On January 11 2012 10:44 locoo wrote:
asdfsdafdsfdsafdasfadsf, as tutz said Punta del Este is amazing for vacations, very exclusive, but it's just beach party and beautiful girls I think you wanna do some tourism, some dangerous shit and also get to know cultures, there's nothing of that in Pta del Este so don't bother.

I'm gonna be in the fkin US from the 23rd or 26th this month, still not sure but will know today or tomorrow, if it's 26th you should definetly come by i'll take good care of you! it's summer here so we could go to beach house, eat our awesome food, party with my awesome friends, we could get you setup and ready physical and mentally for Cuzco which is amazing too. I'll report back with my own flight date!



psicinas shots one time?


casinocasino   Canada. Jan 11 2012 16:04. Posts 2931

Death Road looks soft


Ket    United Kingdom. Jan 11 2012 16:41. Posts 8635


  On January 11 2012 10:44 locoo wrote:
asdfsdafdsfdsafdasfadsf, as tutz said Punta del Este is amazing for vacations, very exclusive, but it's just beach party and beautiful girls I think you wanna do some tourism, some dangerous shit and also get to know cultures, there's nothing of that in Pta del Este so don't bother.

I'm gonna be in the fkin US from the 23rd or 26th this month, still not sure but will know today or tomorrow, if it's 26th you should definetly come by i'll take good care of you! it's summer here so we could go to beach house, eat our awesome food, party with my awesome friends, we could get you setup and ready physical and mentally for Cuzco which is amazing too. I'll report back with my own flight date!


sounds amazing, let me know!


Ket    United Kingdom. Jan 11 2012 16:45. Posts 8635


  On January 11 2012 05:07 MiPwnYa wrote:
WHY U NO COME TO RIO -.-


T___T
When u come to london?


  On January 10 2012 23:06 tapatapaz wrote:
best place in south america (if you have good taste) right now is Punta Del Este, in Uruguay. i was there last week and Mark Zuckerberg himself had just arrived to stay for a week.
i went there for the last 3 NYEs, and ive been to most countries where they say girls are pretty, even all over scandinavia, and this is the best place BY A MILE. it filters all of the best mixtures of european genes from argentina, uruguay and brazil and the girls are very diversified and stylish, they even dress good. it has really good food and good things to look at, like architecture.

so, just a tip, i know you have only a few days and its out of your course, but if anyone reads this, i will know that ive done my share of good karma for the day for letting them know about this place


Thanks for the tip good to know. won't be doing that this trip, locoo has the right read on what im after


  On January 11 2012 06:52 kingpowa wrote:
Which path will you take to Machu Pichu ? Taking the train sucks, better go walking, but the "Inca Trail" is full of tourists and you have to plan it in advance (reservation). You can go there with a three or 4 day walk going by the Salcantay starting at Mollepata and getting to hidroelectrica and then Agua Calientes.
Either way, Machu Pichu is really beautiful. I heard it changed and you now have to book in advance to go the Huayna Pichu. (you have to do it !) So check it in Cusco.
Lima doesn't really have any interest if you compare it with Cusco or La Paz which have a really nice atmosphere. I personally love lake Titicaca, so if you can go to Puno and then Isla taquile on the lake for example, you could consider it (for the few days you don't know what to do).
La Paz is a great city and Death road is funny as hell

Enjoy !


Don't know about which path, probably the touristy one:/ I played no part in the organisation of that.
Thanks!


Tiramisue   United Kingdom. Jan 11 2012 18:49. Posts 1

Make sure you go get jabbed. =/


KeyleK_uk   United Kingdom. Jan 11 2012 19:25. Posts 1573


  On January 11 2012 18:49 Tiramisue wrote:
Make sure you go get jabbed. =/



Nit life!

Have fun kettle!

poker is soooo much easier when you flop sets 

 
 1 
  2 
  > 
  Last 
  All 




Copyright © 2014. LiquidPoker.net All Rights Reserved
Contact Advertise Sitemap DonkeyTest